Chapter Two

Oliver

My alarm is so annoying! I don't know why I decided to record myself yelling 'wake up' but I did. I really did. It was funny at first but now it's plain annoying but I don't feel like changing it.

I managed to put the alarm off and trudge to my bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. I was in just my boxers when I went to make breakfast.

The joys of living alone.

While I was making my bacon, my phone rang. I knew exactly who it was because the ringtone is me shouting who it is.

‘Hey, your phone is ringing and it's mom, pick up!! Don't let her call again, pick the phone up now!’

There was more to it but I answered the call before it could continue. I really have to change all my ringtones, it's like this for everyone on my contact list.

“Hi Momma.” I said, transferring the call to my Bluetooth.

“Hey Baby.”

I rolled my eyes at the nickname. “I'm twenty-five, I think I'm too old for you to be calling me ‘Baby’.”

“And I think you're too old to be calling me ‘momma’ but I didn't say anything.” She retorted.

I heard people snickering in the background, probably my dad and two of my siblings. Judging by the time, they should be having breakfast before Mom drops them off at school.

“Hi guys!” I greeted loudly, guessing I was on speaker and they could hear me.

“Hi!” They chorused.

I have four siblings. Alhan, who is in college, is six years younger than I am, Eran and Erik are twins both in their sophomore year of high school but in different schools. Erik has dyslexia and is currently in a specialized boarding school so he can get the kind of attention he needs.

Jada is the last child and only girl. She's had her fair share of health problems including asthma from being born prematurely out of a high risk pregnancy. She and I have always been close, it's safe to say she's my favorite sibling.

I spoke with all of them nearly everyday and since I moved out, my mom made it her mission to call me everyday to check how I was. It was sweet but annoying sometimes.

I spoke with them for a while longer till Mom had to leave with Eran and Jada since they were done with their breakfast. I made a note to remember that Dad wanted to have lunch today to talk about something.

Wonder what that's about. I dismissed any worry, concluding that it must be about work.

I was at my office by the next hour. With my itinerary already delivered by my personal assistant, I started my day. It was just like any other, I got some paperwork done, supervised some programming, signed a few things and made some important phone calls.

Afternoon came and it was time for me to meet Dad at one of our favorite restaurants before the longest meeting of the day. He was already waiting for me at a table when I arrived.

“Hi Dad.” I said as he pat my back while we hugged.

He pulled away and ruffled my hair much to my distaste. “Hey, how're you doing?”

I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to get it back in order. “I'm good, hungry though.”

Luckily a waiter came by and took our orders. While we waited, Dad got to what he called me to talk about. He got a copy of a magazine and placed in on the table for me to see the cover.