Chapter 29

Lillian's POV

I've lost my mind long before this, but Stefani has officially lost hers.

I know she's a handful at times because she blunt, monotone- not really enthusiastic, heavily sarcastic and a whole lot of other things that I can list, but the way she just texted me?

Absolutely not tolerable.

And I actually bought the dress and shoes.

Who the hell-

I parked the car out in the parking lot, the worst thing about how she just talked to me, I've never taken that tone with her. I've been defending her even when she couldn't stand me- she may not have listened in on those times or witnessed it, but for her to talk to me like- like some person you can just do whatever and treat them however is unacceptable.

The fact I haven't even seen the car she threw one billion dollars at makes me boil so much.

Why is she like this? Like she doesn't care but then I somehow manage to see just enough to believe that she's capable of caring?

And then she wants to get under my skin about things that shouldn't even be bothering me to begin with.

I think her and Kent have had their talks long enough.

It's time for me and her to have one of-

"You actually bought it," I recognized that emotionless yet soothing tone and see a woman in red loose fitting dress pants with a matching red blazer. She wore blood red Saint Laurent Opyum heels to balance out the tones and shades. Her hair was wavy and pulled back... I couldn't see her face as she was facing the other direction trying to place in her other earring, but I guess she can see me from the reflection of her mini mirror..

"I- we need to talk," my words fumbled but I was determined to call her out.

"Indeed," she turned to face me and her cat eyes made me weak.

Stef-

My eyes traced her entire captivity: she had a red laced body suit that hugged her chest. The way the dimmed kitchen light made her skin glow.. I found myself approaching her more and more and her perfume blinded my senses.

"You look beautiful," she took every inch of me in.. her eyes searched and searched until they finally found my eyes. I needed water but I was satisfied with her acknowledgment of my presence..

"Th-thank you," I'm still speechless.

She pulls back the sleeve to check the time of her vintage champagne yellow gold Rolex and stands up before me sending me chills.

"You said you wanted to talk? Wanna do it in the car on the way to dinner orrrr..." she grabs my hand and I softly gasp at how easily I was swept off my feet- literally.

There was a reserved parking garage not far from where I normally park- maybe talking about it now would kill the silence and buzzard thoughts that are rushing through my head right now.

"I didn't like your tone," I damn near stuttered.

A light scoff escaped Stefani's lips as we continued to walk across the parking lot.

"What's so funny?" I stopped in the middle of the street not caring.

She can swoon me or whatever the hell this is, but I'm not letting what she did slide off so easily.

"I thought I didn't have a tone," she looked at me plainly and I fought another stutter.

"You cursed at me and the way you messaged me over the phone. I didn't like it," I shivered just making eye contact with her. I had no idea she was so-