Chapter 26 - Plans

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph leaned against the wall next to the doorway to room where Ahsoka and Anakin had been heading to. She may or may have not followed the two, at a distance of course! she had sneaking a peek into the room, there were eleven Jedi inside. She took a small breath in and checked the hallway, making sure no one was able to see her and tossed in a listening device, and honed in on the force to move it under the table.

She prayed no one saw it and took a second peek into the room.

There's Anakin and Ahsoka. Saiph thought, she did feel guilty for expressing her frustration before... Was she out of line? She brushed away the thought and put an ear piece in her ear.

She heard the session start with Mace Windu.

"As you can see, we've mapped the Chancellor's route to and from the festival stage." Mace Windu said, "We know where he'll be at every moment
from the time we land on Naboo." He gestured to the holographic map on the table. It was Naboo.

Is there a threat on the Chancellor? That would make sense, since there would not be any other reason for the Jedi to guard a politician, the Chancellor for that matter. Saiph listened in again.

"What security measures are in place?" A voice asked, from the opposite end of the table, it was Plo Koon.

Mace Windu then pressed a red button on the table and the image flipped sideways and into the air.

"The Naboo Royal Guard will have armed sentries at all entry points on the palace." Red dots appeared on different locations of the palace. "And the stage itself will be sealed off by a ray shield for the duration of the event."

"I see nothing here to worry about." Anakin stated, arms crossed, Ahsoka stood at his side.

"With complacency comes vulnerability." Master Yoda said, causing the two to turn their heads to him. "Yes..." Master Yoda continued, "It is what we do not see that concerns me."

There was a moment of silence as Master Yoda looked away, in thought,  "A long time to plan his attack, Count Dooku has."

"Yes." Mace Windu agreed, nodding. "We thought we'd have an advantage with Obi-Wan on the inside-"

In the inside?? Saiph silently gasped, So he was alive...

Saiph should have known that Barriss was serious. Of course she had doubts about her statement,

"-but we've had no communication from him in days."

Saiph's felt her stomach drop, that could mean anything. He could be dead for all they know.

"Obi-Wan will do his part." Anakin pointed a finger and his face turning into one of anger. "Let's make sure we do ours."

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph heard that the meeting was coming to a close, and she got away as quickly as she could from the briefing room, pulling out the ear piece and sliding it into her pocket.

They didn't tell me...

What Saiph failed to notice was the ear piece slipping out of her pocket as she ran off.