Chapter 18

The custody room at the back echoes with the screams of men who are being thrashed by the policemen. They keep begging for them to stop but their pleas fall on the deaf ears.
In the adjoining room, at one corner sits Kaveri, with her hands on her knees. She watches her men getting beaten up.

Sidharth enters the room and a constable brings a chair for him. He pulls it right in front of her and sits down.
"Kya Kaveri, itna bak bak karti thi tu? Yahan aneke baad puri chup? Aren't you loving the treatment here?"
Kaveri looks up to him with blood shot eyes, "ACP tu ruk, thodi der mein, tera phone bajega. Mere Ko koi yahan nahi rakh sakta. Samjha na."

Sidharth starts to laugh and shakes his head. He points to his watch, "12 hours have already passed. And you still sit here hoping your pets will come and save your ass. Not happening this time."
He smiles, "I have everything I need to send you behind bars for life. All your crimes have enough evidence. None of your men in the high posts and power would spoil their image by getting involved with your name."
Sidharth stares into her eyes, "I know everything, what you did and why. I just want to hear it from your own mouth."

Kaveri gazes at him but stays quiet.
Sidharth turns and screams, "Patil, stop their screams. I am talking here."
The trashing stops but the men don't stop sobbing loudly.
"Patil, what the hell is happening?"
They could hear the policemen telling Kaveri's men to stop crying.
"So, Kaveri, let's start from the beginning. Where were you born, what was your first crime? C'mon start talking."

Kaveri still stares at him without opening her mouth. Sidharth stands up, picks up a thick cane and goes to the next room. He starts hitting Kaveri's men.
"Chup karne ko bola na main? Hun? Shalo ko samjh nahi ata? I said I am talking. You b**** need to cry now? If I hear another sound, I swear I will hit you in such a place that you will never ever open your mouth ever again.."

He comes back and sits on the chair, still holding the cane.
"Now you can start. What happened while still silent? Kaveri Bai darr gayi kya jo mun nahi khol rahi hai? No?"
"ACP, yeh sab tu thik nahi kar raha hai. "
"Main abhi tak kuch kiya hi kahan hai. Let's start now."

Sidharth smiles and says, "Everyone knows Kaveri Bai. One who runs the underworld. Every criminal has to pay you for protection and you provide them that with the help of your pets at various departments and Ministries. You never stayed at one place so it was never easy to track you down. Everyone knows this. And perhaps this thing would have continued if you hadn't got involved personally in this organ trafficking racket. Anyways, I have all the details of the crimes you were involved along with proofs and well witnesses. Let's not go into that right now. Let's talk about the murders at the chowk."

"A few sex workers and eunuchs were dissapearing. They go missing and many die and nobody cares. Not even an FIR is ever filed. But then a few bodies were found at the dumping yard. A few eyebrows were raised and the NGOs working with these people went to the media. A little pressure and the case went to the CBI, under me."
"We all know this. So let's go deep and find things that has not yet come out. The bodies found had no proper autopsy done. So the most important thing was not in front of us. Your people in the police department and forensics did marvellous job. The mistake was from your people. When you started this, you made sure the bodies were dumped properly. They were buried under the grounds of the dumping yard. But then they got careless and threw them in the drains. In the later period, your men didn't even wait, they killed them, took their organs out and dumped them the very morning."
Kaveri looks up and Sidharth says, "We have found decomposed bodies under the soil of the dumping yard. And their autopsy has proved that they were the missing eunuchs and women of the area. "

Sidharth hits the window rods with the cane that startles Kaveri.
"It was evident that these people were killed for organ trafficking. They were easy targets. They could be easily lured to that abandoned building for money. And killing them won't raise any questions. That's what we all believed as the reason behind their murders. But the actual cause was your hate for them. Am I right or am I right?"