Chapter 22....

Youtube is still being stupid and not letting me upload a song on the side. If you want you can go search 'Yeah' by Usher at the right scene. It's my favorite dance song. And my own stripper song.

Picture on side of Julianne Hough who plays Neena Brown :) Shes so pretty!

Dedicated to Bubble_8 because she always comments and makes me feel good about my writing :)

Happy Reading :)

As soon as I felt the hand on my shoulder I let out a scream. Who it could be flashed through my mind in a nano-second. Was it a homeless person? Is it someone here to rob me? Is it my father? The last thought was the scariest of them all. I was turned around and my eyes landed on a pair of familiar brown eyes.

"Clark you scared me!" I said trying to calm my breathing down.

"Sorry Layla." Clark said his expression actually remorseful.

"What are you doing here?" I asked changing the subject.

"I am here to drive you home. I figured you would be the last one to leave."

"Oh thank you, but you didn't have to. Don't you have a family or wife wondering where you are?"

"I already called my wife and told her I would be home late." He said than gestured to the car. I grabbed the bottom of my dress and slide into the back, I felt bad for making Clark wait for me but at the same time I was thankful. As he started the car I leaned forward in my chair.

"How long have you and your wife been married?" I didn't know anything about Clark apparently.

"We have been together for about 19 years. We met when we were both twenty. She was in college and I was a fighter." Wow he didn't look to be in his late thirties.

"One night after a match I went to a bar here in New York to blow off some steam. Anyways I was sitting at a table kind of in the back when this group of ladies walked in. All of them were very beautiful but my eyes stayed glued to this brown haired glasses one. She looked really out of place dressed in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt while the rest of the girls were wearing tight short dresses. In my eyes she was the prettiest of them all. I got the balls to go up and talk to her and what do you know she turned me down immediately. After that night I went back almost every other day to that bar to see her again. It wasn't until a week and a half she walked in. I spent that whole night trying to get her attention and for her to say yes to a date. Anyways long story short she finally agreed. After dating for almost a year I proposed to her and for some reason she said yes and we've been together ever since." The way he talked about her I knew he loved her with everything he had.

"That is a sweet story." I said smiling. "She sounds great."

"She is. She keeps me on my toes." He grinned at me through the review mirror. "Here we are." I looked outside and saw we were outside my apartment.

"Thank you for the ride tonight Clark." Patting his shoulder I got out and waved one last time to him before heading inside.

I unlocked my door and pushed through shutting and locking it behind me. Not bothering to shower since it was so late I slipped off my dress and placed it gently on a chair in my bedroom. Going into the bathroom I washed my face free of makeup and pulled out the bobby pins in my hair to pull it up in a bun for bed. After brushing my teeth I slipped on a pair of comfy pjs, plugged my phone in, and slide under the covers. Tonight has made me emotionally drained and I was ready to be pulled into sleep and forget it all.

Laying my head on my pillow I tried to fall asleep. You would think since I haven't slept much in the last 2 weeks I would immediately fall asleep but instead I tossed and turned trying to get a certain person's face out of my head.