S E V E N

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

OLIVER FLETCHER

PAST
JANUARY 2019

Alone days in the art studio were my favourite kind of days, music blasting through my headphones, belting lyrics at the top of my lungs as I painted to my heart's content. This was my happy place, my safe haven and I loved how it made me feel.

Paintbrush in one hand, staring back at the canvas which was half completed. The practical part of my coursework was my favourite part, where I could get lost within the realms of creativity and inspiration.

The world felt like it stopped for me to enjoy moments like these.

Nothing could take this happiness away from me. Nothing.

My eyes glide over my canvas and then to the wall for a brief moment, turning my head to the left and jumping instantly. A deep gasp escaping my lips as I press my hand to my chest, trying to calm myself down.

Max grins back at me as I pluck my headphone from my ear. "Fucking hell, I told you to stop creeping up on me like that," I grumble out as I push his shoulder, a splodge of white paint transferring from my finger to his leather jacket.

"Shit," I mumble as I step forward to wipe it away. "Sorry."

He chuckles and shakes his head. "It's okay," he tells me as he brushes off my hands. "It's just a bit of paint."

My eyes look up at him, not realising that my lips were stretched out into a full blown smile.

He drops down into one of the chairs beside my table, shrugging off his backpack. "I didn't know I was going out with Diana Ross," he comments, his eyebrows motioning towards my headphones.

Rolling my eyes towards him as I remove my other headphone and place down the brush that was still in my hand. "You didn't have permission to come in here and listen to me sing like that," I grumble out, wiping my hands down onto my messy jeans.

"I liked it," he smirks in my direction.

"Of course you would," I sigh out, pressing my hands to my hips. "If you're here to distract me then it's not going to work."

Max raises an eyebrow like this was a challenge, pushing up from the chair and gripping onto my narrow hips. "Oh yeah?" He smirks. "It worked last time."

He dips his head to my neck and peppers warm kisses along my cool skin, not wanting to give in but I enjoyed his affection. Saying no was almost impossible but this was my time, to spend alone, to be independent, to do what I love.

"Max," I mumble out. "We can save it for later." I tell him.

He groans against my neck and presses his forehead to my collarbone. "Fine," he sighs before raising his head to me, moving closer to press a sweet kiss to my lips. "Let me see what you're creating then."

"It's not complete," I shake my head. "It's a working progress."

My back turns to show him my canvas, I was practicing painting water and the different dynamics of how to create texture in a 2D painting.

"Wow," Max exhales as he throws his arms over his chest to examine my art work. Then he doesn't say anything for a few moments more, watching as he takes another step closer. "Oliver, this is so fucking good."

My head nods. "Yeah, it's getting there." I say as I clasp my hands together in front of me.

"You're so talented," he exhales as he glances at me for a second before looking straight back at the canvas. "I honestly, had no idea you were this good."