Chapter 7 - Call To Remember

The old photographer walked up to him and whispered, "I have another brand deal with Guci, is it possible to be my model?"

Zou Yue confusedly looked up at him. 'So I'm not fired? Hmm....but I really want to stop modelling though. If this guy talks to my manager then things will get complicated.' he secretly hid the rose stem behind his back. "um, I'll talk to my manager and let you know."

"Good." the photographer held his hand out and helped him stand up. "If you would like, I can talk to your agency,"

"No! I will talk to them myself," Zou Yue bowed to him and ran up to his manager and his makeup artist and started pushing them out the door. "Let's go fast,"

Peng Qui glared back at him. "Why are we running away? Zou Yue, what trouble did you get into this time?"

"umm... I'll tell you in the car." He glanced back at the expectant look of the photographer and ran faster. He swiftly changed out of his outfit and rushed out the changing room to find his manger cordially talking with the photographer.

"Manager Mu!" he rushed to him swiftly and held his hand. "Aren't we on the way?"

"Yes, thank you for tolerating our little Yue." his manager bowed and left alongside him. While leaving the studio, he secretly peered at him. "What did you do to make that man so smitten?"

"What? What do you mean?" Peng Qui whispered from his side.

His manager proudly patted his head and laughed out loud. "Oh, you are going to famous soon! That man is the best of the best in photography and he is very interesting in having you as his personal model. Our little Yue as the award winner photographer Miles's Personal model!! How great is that!"

"I didn't even do the photo shoot properly," Zou rolled his eyes. He pushed them both into the nanny car and climbed in after.

Peng Qui knocked on his head slightly. "You did amazing. The entire room was silent for a second when you licked your teeth. Who did you learn your seduction technique from, huh? Tell me their name. Even I need to learn how to charm people," he kept rambling on, not noticing Zou's red face.

'Fuck! People saw that!! I really should have held back my impulsive eating habit.' Zou Yue leaned against the car window, hiding his embracement.

The car smoothly drove through a small residential area and stopped in front of a small private villa.

"You both go in; I will buy some ingredients for dinner. Oh, do you guys want any snacks?" manager my glanced back.

"Really, you will buy me anything?"

"yeah..... you did good today and should be rewarded,"

With shimmering eyes, Zou Yue named all the snacks he could remember. "Corn nuts, dried strawberries, Bingtanghulu, Rose cake. Please buy me some Pringles as well. I like the green onion flavour. And a whole can of soda will do wonders for my mood." He finished with a wide smile on his face.

"Um, dries strawberry it is," he whispered and gestured for them to get off.

"But I want my rose cake, corn nuts..."

"Not happening buddy. I'm pretty sure you will eat it all in a day and end up in the bathroom with an upset stomach," his manager scoffed and unshed them out the car.

Zou Yue dejectedly watched the car drive away. "I want rose cake,"

"Get in." Peng Qui pulled him by the back of his sweater inside the gate. It was a small and compact but at the same time it was very clean. "Go wipe your makeup off, I will make some fresh mask for you,"

Zou Yue cheerfully hopped over to his room. "It.... looks the same as I remember." He gently caressed the anime posters on the walls. Even his small collection was manga was neatly arranged according to the series and volumes. "I really am back......" he plopped down on the bed and glanced up at his beautifully painted ceiling.

"I miss la Trexa..." suddenly he sat up. "My parents... they will still be alive." He took his phone out in haste. His trembling hands almost dropped it down a few times. The phone call record showed a recent missed call from his mother. It was just an hour ago.

Taking a deep breath, he dialed the familiar number. The call connected with a beep and a soft woman's voice answered, "Zou, are you back from work?"

"m—mum....."

"Yes, baby, what's wrong? Your voice sounds different? Are you sick? Is your manager not talking good care of you? Wait, let me call him up," she hastily whispered. Suddenly a loud manly voice shouted in the background. "Quit your useless career and came back!! Hump, who would like your face on a magazine cover,"

"Old man, aren't you the one who keeps collecting cut outs of his photos. Why are you complaining now, huh?" his mother chided.

His father's voice became high pitched. "I—I don't collect any photos. Who would want them? So ugly, so ugly!" he shouted, and the receiver became silent.

Zou Yue finally found his voice. "Dad... dad? Are you there? I miss you. I miss you a lot. I will listen to you. I will quit my modelling and come back." Tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Baby, are you crying? Oh my god, you stupid old man, you made my baby cry!"

A loud smacking sound was heard from the other end of the phone. "Don't worry Zou, I will beat you father up for you. As for your modelling job, it is for you to decide. Because it's your life, don't let your father's harsh words bring you down. He is just being cynical," she urgently said.

Sniffing softly, Zou nodded. "I know, I know he means well."

His father had always been stern with him but on the inside there was no person who loved him more than he did. When his parents passed away during the apocalypse, he had the chance to collect his father's belongings. All of which were photos of him from various magazines.

'They are alive...' Zou whimpered. "I've missed you guys so much."

"Oh baby, mommy misses you too."

"Mum..... It won't be long but I will come to you. Just wait for me a bit....." his phone beeped loudly and switched off on its own. He swiftly plugged in the charger and called back. "Sorry mum, my charging is low,"

"Are you talking while charging?! Zou Yue, how many times do I have to warn you, it's risky! Get off the phone right now. And...... We would love to have you back. Come back any time, because this is your home. See you soon, darling."

His mother disconnected the phone.

Zou Yue hugged the phone tight to his body. "Yes... I'll see you soon."