It All Makes Sense

"She's in here." Dream said, ushering Philza inside of the off the grid base he had been staying in.

"Y/N! I brought help!" Dream yelled through the house.

The two walked back to the bedroom she had been staying in, and opened the door gently. No sign of anyone.

"Y/N?" Dream called out. He was beginning to grow worried. Where could she possibly have gone to?

The two men split up, searching the house left and right, for any posssible signs of where she had gone.

"Y/N?" Dream yelled out, his hands cupped around his mouth to amplify his voice. "Y/-"

Dream bumped into Philza, who was stood in the doorstep of the opposite end of the house. Dream backed up a step. Philza had dropped his medical supplies on the ground, and was now staring out at...something.

"What is it?" Dream asked. Philza didn't respond. "PHILZA WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!"

Philza stepped aside to let Dream through. Dream ran outside onto the back patio just to stop in his tracks as Philza had.

In the heavy snowfall from yesterday's blizzard, a pair of staggering footprints led out near the base of the woods, before jumbling together, and disappearing all together.

________________________________
(several hours prior) - y/n POV

I woke up, sweating and with all the sheets of the bed thrown off of me and onto the floor. The ceiling above me was spinning, and I had to close my eyes just to feel at least slightly better. The wind outside was howling ferociously. I could hear hail smacking against the roof of the house. But I could barely even hear that over the pounding in my head. Several echoed voices yelled against the wind. But I couldn't make out anything in particular.

I leaned up to see if Dream was in the room with me. It took several moments of adjusting before my vision was straight enough to see thst no one was here.

"Dream?" I attempted to call out. It sounded more like a raspy whisper though. "Dream?"

It was no use. Even if I had the strength to yell, the howling wind outside would easily mask it.

I relaxed in bed. This was by far the worse my condition had been. Which was still strange to me. I understand that dying can have effects afterwards, but this...?

Even if this was a side effect, it should have came and gone by now.

Because of the curse.

Because of that stupid necklace.

My hand instinctively went to my neck. I reached around for the chain only to realize:

It was gone.

The item that was supposed to be eternally bound to me and give me fast health regeneration and immortal life was now GONE?

No. That's impossible.  How had I never noticed?

*distant laughter*

So many pieces were being put together at once.

"You did this. You knew about this." I said.

She's finally put the pieces together.

"Why?" I asked. All they responded with was more laughter and:

You should have joined us willingly when we first asked you. Back in the prison.

Almost everything lined up.

Why the voices had stopped for so long without a single word.

Why it took so long for my still partially broken leg to heal. And why I'm laying here now, unable to move without pain.