Chapter 24: The Festival

I was still kind of mad at Myles, not anymore because he was mean to Violet, but the fact that he wasn't talking to me. Well, he wasn't much of a talker anyway, but I can tell that he's doing this on purpose.

The entire day, when I spoke to him, he spoke very little, and sometimes outright didn't respond to me! What was with him? Was it because I told him not to follow me yesterday? 

I had snoozed off in class again, but when I woke up, Myles wasn't there. I am really angry now. I saw that some people still hadn't left their classroom, so he couldn't have gotten far. I sprinted out of the classroom, and sure enough, Myles was walking out the school.

I ran up behind him and hit his head with my first. "Why didn't you wait for me?" I said, angry.

He turned around, rubbing the back of his head. "That hurt." he said.

"Answer me." I said, crossing my arms. 

"Sorry. I thought you were mad at me." 

"I am! But you can't ignore me!" 

"What?" He looked at me with a scowl, "Why are you the only one that can be mad?"

"Well, you're basically never mad, so what's the point?" It's very true. It's very rare to see Myles mad at someone. Normally he's just very disappointed. 

"Okok, I'm sorry for ignoring you, now let's just go." He said, sighing. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The day of the festival, school was off, obviously, so we had the whole day to ourselves. 

The first town we are visiting is Melnbourn. It's quite big, almost as big as a city, so there are tons of attractions here. My favorite part is the games, of course.

"Ohh, I know how to play this one, let's go there!" I dragged Myles along as I visited the many stalls. He already had a bag filled with different kinds of trinkets I've won in his hand. 

But the best part of this festival is the moon watching. It's called the Lunar festival because for a few hours, the moon turns a shade of purple. It's very pretty to watch, people gather in empty fields and hills to watch it.  

In the past years, we've always gone to popular spots, but that just meant there were a lot of people , but this year, I found a very good spot, and it doesn't seem like a lot of people know about it, so I'm excited to show it to Myles. 

"Why are you so smiley" Myles asked.

I quickly turned away embarrassed, I was thinking about moon watching with Myles.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were currently in a city called Glacia. It's pretty popular with it's parades during the Lunar festival, so I thought it was worth a try, but I underestimated how popular it actually was. I could barely fit in the crowd, constantly getting pushed around. 

Myles was next to me, but we were getting pushed apart by the crowd too much, I tried to grab on, but I couldn't hold on.

"Myles! Meet me at the city square when you get out!" I yelled at the top of my lungs so that he could hear, and let go. The second I didn't have anything to hold on to, I got pushed farther and farther away, until I was pushed out of to a less denser area. I finally got some space to breathe. 

This city was quite big, so finding the city square is not going to be an easy task, but it's not like I have any choice, It's getting dark, and Myles is my only way to get home.

I walk around the streets, stopping to watch the parade that could be seen farther away. I didn't want to get any closer, as to not let that incident repeat itself. I had been walking for well over an hour, when I stumbled upon a little street. I've been to this city before, so I know exactly where this is. It's still a bit far from the city square, but it's a sign. 

I know this little street because it's filled with bakeries of every kind, my favorite kind of street. Anyway, I continue walking along the street, when I spot two familiar figures sitting on a bench near a bakery.

Those two figures were Ciel and Allen. I guess they came here too. I was about to go say hi, but then I stopped myself. 

Ceil had his legs crossed, his elbow sitting on top of his leg, holding his head sideways. He was looking at Allen eating some kind of soft bread with a wide smile. Ugh. I swear those two, I was honestly appalled at how they could be so obvious without knowing it. In front of other people, they barely smiled, and even if they did, it was just a small, polite one. But in front of each other, suddenly it was all smiles and chuckles, it was honestly hard to watch sometimes. 

I decided on not disturbing them on their 'date', which if I called it that in front of them, they would frantically disagree. 

I walked past them stealthily, that I didn't notice a black haired girl watching them from afar...