Chapter 39

Nov., 9th; 7:02pm; New York

Mórrígan's POV

The whole team, including Loki, who returned with Thor from Asgard, and some SHIELD Agents, sat at the giant table in the meeting room. Tony stood in front of a screen, explaining everything he knew about the 'black creature'. "I swear to god, if I hear one more person comparing my eyes, with sperm, I will bite their head off!" Venom complained loudly, and I had to fight my laughter.

I heard someone giggle on the other side of the table, and of course it was Wanda. Don't enter my mind, when we are in a meeting. I thought, and looked at her. She was still smiling but nodded and mouthed Okay. 

I sat between Bucky and Loki because that was the last free seat. I caught the god of mischief looking at me a few times, but I just ignored him. "We think this-" Tony started, staring at the picture of Venom. "Ugly thing belongs to HYDRA. It could be one of those aliens, but we do not know why it has a body similar to a human. The last time we saw one, which died because of an accident in Banner's labor, was just a slimy thing."

Stark said, while playing with his beard. "Maybe it found some sort of host, and now it lives in their body." Bruce suddenly said, causing me, Wanda and Pietro to stare at him. He looked at the three of us, until realizing what he just did. "Well, at least he didn't say your name." 

"So you think it can enter someone's body?" Fury asked, looking at the two geniuses. While Tony nodded, Bruce just ignored him. "And we think it is after Mórrígan." Stark pointed at me, kinda catching me off guard.

"And why do you think that?" Fury wondered, now staring at me. "It followed her across the country, and the trace ended near San Francisco." Now, everyone stared at me. "Fuck."

"Another reason why we think it wanted to kill her, is because HYDRA knows now that she is still alive." Stark added. Wow, thanks for mentioning my past with HYDRA in front of all those agents, who won't hesitate in killing me.

The meeting lasted a few more hours, hours in which I had to explain multiple times what I had to do with HYDRA. 

"And now go to bed, we have a mission tomorrow." Tony said to the team, after the agents left. "What kind of mission?" I wondered, excited to get to beat some asses. "I asked Stark, to fly with his team to Russia to an old HYDRA base. We believe, that we will find more information about the alien."

Fury explained, looking me up and down with his eye. "With a plane?" I wondered. "Well, yes because you won't come with us." Tony said, trying to cover it up with a few coughs. "You are kidding, right?" I said, and he shook his head.  "What a bitch."

"You will stay here, just in case the monster of other aliens are there. And uhmm... Barnes will stay with you here." He added, and I acted like I was pissed off, when in reality I was excited being alone with Bucky a few more days. I 'begged' Tony to let someone else watch me, but he refused. 

After that, I left and Bucky followed me a few minutes later. "Looks like we get to have some alone time after all." The soldier smirked at me, after arriving at our floor. I made sure we were alone, before walking towards him, kissing him passionately. "You know there are cameras, right." He wrapped his arms softly around my waist, to give me some support, while I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"I turned them off, a few weeks ago, so nobody would find out that I am the one who eats everything in the fridge at night." I explained, and he laughed. "And so nobody sees me, when I walk around without a shirt to grab a snack." I added, and he furrowed his eyebrows a bit.

"You sometimes walk around half naked?" He wondered and I nodded as  a response. "Leave your door unlocked tonight." I whispered, and he started smirking even more. I hit him on his chest and shook my head. "So I can cuddle with you, not so I can sleep with you." I clarified, and his eyes widened, and he took a deep breath.

"I knew that." He lied, clearly embarrassed, and pressed another kiss on my lips, before letting me go. "See you tonight." I said, before walking into my room to take a shower.