Chapter 33

"HE'LL BE brought here any minutes now," Ruckus informed her as she stared at the empty room on the other side of the glass wall.

Sabi ng binata meeting room iyon. Doon nag-uusap ang gustong makipagkita na mga bisita sa bilangguan na iyon.

The only difference between the room that is separated with only a thick glass is; on her side, they are standing on a porcelain stone floor while the other room has metal flooring.

"Why is the floor on the other side metal?" Sunset asked.

"Most of the prisoners here are very much annoying and would talk crap that could hit a nerve. That floor will help us keep them quiet." Pinakita nito ang isang remote. "This is the remote you can use to turn on the power of the floor. It can electrocute anybody that stands there without shoes that can protect them from electricity. You can choose how strong the voltage is through this remote."

Sunset nodded and darted her eyes to the corner of the room when the door there opened.

It was René in his wheelchair, accompanied by two cell guards.

Medyo nabigla siya sa laki ng ibinagsak ng katawan ng nito. Pero wala siyang makapang awa sa puso niya. All the pain he inflicted her and now knowing what her brother went through, there's nothing really left for him in her heart but immense anger and hate.

René looked at the man who was behind her when he was already in front of her. Ruckus was hugging her from behind while resting his chin on her shoulder.

"You really fooled this man," René spoke after the cell guards left. His eye now on her. His voice sounds weak, with minimal slurs and with a hint of derision.

"Yes, I did..." Sunset replied, tone even and cold. "But that's no longer your concerns who I get to fool nor do you need to know, that is not the reason why I am here." She took the picture of Death from the folder and held it in front of him. "Is he my brother, René? Is he Midnight?"

Anger flashed in René's eyes before it went void.

"So, he's still alive and you manage to find him. Or that bitch Aleandra did?" René murmured something under his breath while she was consumed by great sorrow after René's confirmation.

Death is really her brother. He is Midnight.

Itinago niya ang litrato ng kapatid niya saka tinapik ang braso ni Ruckus para bitawan siya nito. When he let go she stepped near the glass wall and looked at her father's eyes. Those cold, dark, and emotionless eyes that hunts her dreams oftentimes.

"Could you at least give me reason why and how you could stomach such cruelty to be inflicted to your very own children?" Sunset gripped the folder as she tries her best not to cry from so much anger and pain. "How?" She pressed her lips tightly.

"I don't have what we call sympathy, or empathy nor the love for the three of you. You ask me, why is that?" René stared at her eyes. "Don't you see what's the difference between the three of you and me?" He asked.

Sunset blinked and furrowed. Then it hit her. Umawang ang labi niya. "We don't share the same colors of the eyes..."

She and Sunrise have light brown eyes. That color they inherited from their mother Ella. While Death has lake blue eyes. But René has gray.

René slowly nodded, giving her a losing and sad smile for the very first time. "You three are not my children... It was my twin brother who father the three of you because I can't have my own. Ella wanted a child and I couldn't give her that so she cheated with my brother. The betrayal was painful but I suck it 'coz I love her so much. She's the only woman who stood up and supported my twisted sick desires. After she fell pregnant, my brother left and I didn't care much about him while Ella after having you and Sunset was not at all happy to have a child. It was all spur of the moment. She couldn't handle the responsibility, so she ended up not caring about you and Sunrise. I on the other hand could not care less about the two of you."