Chapter 7: First Move

Tick tock tick tock.

Bored.

Lazy.

Most importantly, her cheeks hurt.

Right now, she was on a video conference with her parents and the council talking about her coronation, lady-in-waiting and soon to be fiancé. If she could turn off her mic and camera, she would, but the two people on her sides made sure she was in her best behaviour. And as of right now, all she wants to do is drop the fake smile and go to bed.

'How does father do this every single day, god it's been hours already.' The girl thought. 'At least father doesn't have to smile seriously, all he does it ever scowl or have a blank face, the only time he smiles is when mother and I are around.'

She was about to zone off into a daydream when she heard,

"Your Majesty, in my opinion Her Highness Meiying would make an excellent wife to my son, bla bla bla..." She didn't hear the rest as she turned to Aaron raising an eyebrow as if asking who the man was.

Aaron opened a file on his tablet and said, "Duke Cheng, he governs the eastern territory, wife Song Yuqi, son Cheng Junhui

Marinette nodded and asked if she could have anymore intel on the son. Aaron kept on scrolling and passed the tablet to her. Marinette scrolled through the file, she saw a picture of him, he was handsome no doubt about that, but it was the way he smiled that seemed to put her off, she scrolled some more and saw that he was caught in a few scandals and had a bad reputatuion, though it wasn't only that, the age difference to her was quite far.

"So, he's one of the candidates?" Nino looked over the list and nodded. Marinette didn't need a second thought and stated, "Cross his name of the list."

As she handed the tablet back to Aaron, once the duke heard this he was flabbergasted.

"Is there a reason for that Your Highness." He asked

Marinette gave him a cold look, even though she was thousands of miles away they could still feel shivers down their spine as she glared at them. In their mind they thought, 'She is no doubt His Majesty's daughter.'

"You want me to marry your son, who has a reputation of, not only, was caught sleeping with, let me see here, 4, no, 5 different other women, caught doing drugs and getting into a brawl, and not only that but isn't your son 10 years older than I am?"

The Duke sweat dropped and stated, "Yes, but isn't age just a number?" Marinette rolled her eyes and said, "Yes and even though I will be an adult in a few months, technically I would still be too young for him and as the saying goes, age is just a number, and a jail is just a room."

Her Father than stood up and said, "I think we can end today's meeting here, wouldn't you agree Duke Cheng"

Marinette looked at her father and even though he was smiling you could see that he wasn't a friendly smile, it was a menacing 'I'll make you wish you were never born' smile and how his eyes slightly glowed golden. Shuxin held his hand to calm him down.

Marinette bid her goodbye with her parents and the councilmen as she ended the video call.

"Can one of you please get some more intel on the other candidates and their families, if any one of them have even over 2 scandals I want them off the list, I want to make sure my family's reputation stays clean. Also if the age difference is over 4 years cross them out too." She asked.

"Yes, Your Highness." The two answered.

Marinette stretched in her chair and asked Aaron, "How long was that?"

The older man looked at his watched and replied, "Only 3 hours. Oh, don't forget you still have to go to fitting for your dress, shoes, and crowns, Her Majesty informed me yesterday that your old crowns seemed a bit too small for you, so all your classes for today have been moved to tomorrow."

Marinette groaned, she forgot how exhausting it was being a princess.

Aaron was looking over Marinette's schedule to make sure that he missed nothing when a notification appeared. He saw that it was an email from Felix Graham de Vanily. He called Nino over to look at the list candidates for Marinette and saw his name on it.

Aaron handed the table over to Marinette and said, "Your Highness, you have an email from Prince Felix."

Felix.. Felix... she tried to remember from where she heard that name.

"Oh! He's Adrien's cousin, right?" Aaron nodded and handed her the tablet.

Marinette took the tablet and saw the email it read.

Dear Her Royal Highness Princess Cai Meiying of China,

Good day to you Princess, I hope you are well. Allow me to introduce myself first, I am Felix Graham de Vanily, Prince of England, but I suppose you are already aware of that.This doesn't happen quite often, but you seemed to have caught my attention, if it is possible, I would likt to get to know you formally my number is ********. But if you feel uncomfortable with this don't feel pressured to send me a message.

Sincerely Felix Graham de Vanily,

Marinette looked at Aaron and asked, "By any chance do we have any pictures of him?"

Aaron thought back and answered, "I think we do; Her Majesty made another file filled with all the candidates' background, family and there should also be a picture of them in it. It should be in there."

Marinette nodded scrolled through the tablet looking for the file. She read through Felix's part and saw that he was all clean, good rep., age they were only a year apart. She saw a picture of him and her stomach did a triple back flip, he look some what similar to Adrien except his hair was a shade lighter and instead of green like Adrien's, his eyes were icy blue, Adrien looked like a child compared to Felix, she hasn't met him or talked to him yet but just by looking at his picture she felt a sense of maturity that Adrien lacks and some sort of connection to him. But the thing that attracted her the most were his eyes.

Nino tapped Marinette on the shoulders and asked, "Your Highness are you okay?"

Marinette snapped out of the trance and stuttered out, "Y-y-yes of course. I'm sorry did you say something?"

"It's time for your dress fitting. Shall we get going" He reminded.

Marinette looked at the clock and said, "Of course, just give me around two minutes."

Nino nodded and stated that he would be waiting outside.

Marinette opened her phone and messaged. 'Hey Felix, it's me Meiying.'

________________________________________________________________________

OKAY PEOPLE A SMALL AUTHOR'S NOTE:

LISTEN/READ HERE I CAN'T ALWAYS UPDATE CHAPTERS UNDERSTAND, SOMETIMES I CAN'T UPDATE FOR DAYS, SOMETIMES WEEKS AND S OMETIMES EVEN MONTHS AND I AM SORRY BUT I AM A BUSY PERSON TOO, I WORKED MY BUTT OF TO GET INTO FASHION SCHOOL AND I'M NOT JUST GONNA DROP WHATEVER I'M DOING JUST TO UPDATE A CHAPTER. 

AND EVEN IF I DID FINISH A CHAPTER I STILL HAVE TO GIVE IT TO MY SISTER WHO IS MY EDITOR AND SHE'S IN HER SENIOR YEAR WHICH IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, SO DON'T GO AROUND DEMANDING NEW CHAPTER. 

I am honestly grateful that everyone reads my story I truly am but please understand that wattpad is only a hobby and that my main focus in life is to be a fashion designer. 

If anyone of you don't like what I'm saying or doing then you can stop reading my story again this fanfiction is just a pass time. 

Thank you,