16| Dinner

Aria Blue POV:
—————————

It's been a week. A complete week and I'm currently getting ready to go to this dinner at Dante's mom's house that he's forcing me to go to.

He said 'My mom wants you there so I'll be damned if I show up without you.' But I know he secretly wants me there to.

Our bond has been slowly growing. He took care of me while I was on my period -which was actual hell- and every night when he comes up from work, he'll take a shower then ask me to read to him. I would fall asleep in his arms but I would wake up with only Stormy in bed.

Domenico hasn't been around as much and when I asked Dante why, he said 'Matteo is out dealing with personal business so Domenico is taking over for him'.

Kinda sucks because I miss my bully.

I've been working on finding the murderer without him and I've yet to tell Dante about it. It's been progressing slower then I would've liked but, I'll get there.

Crew and Enzo are coming back next Saturday and to say I'm excited would be a understatement.

Crew has been calling me every late afternoon and has been filling me in on what's going on over there and has been asking about how I'm doing.

I ended up telling him that I was currently staying with a friend which, technically, is true.

He gave me a whole lecture on, in his words, 'not doing the naughty'. I almost choked on the water I was drinking when he said that.

"Amore we have to leave in 5-" Dante says as he walks into the room but stops short when he sees me.

His eyes trail up and down my body and he licks his lips as his eyes slightly darken.

"Don't just stand there. Help me." I say gesturing to the necklace I'm having difficulties putting on.

I have on a black long sleeve shirt with a white skirt that Dante picked out when he took me shopping and some black boots.

Going shopping with Dante was not fun at all

He chuckles and makes his way over to me. Handing him the necklace, I pick up my curled hair that way he could clasps it on.

His cold hands brush over my neck causing a shiver to run down my spine. Looking at him through the mirror, I ask "Why the hell are your hands so cold?"

He clips on the necklace and takes my hair from my hands. "I was dumping a body into a freezer." he says but I hear the playfulness in his voice.

I roll my eyes. "Next time it's going to be yours."

He fake glares at me through the mirror before his eyes roam my body ones more. They land on my skirt and I watch as his eyes harden. "Your skirt is to short." he says as he grabs the ends of my skirt and tugs it downward.