56; "anything.."

As he swallowed down the sick saliva throughout his throat, Jeongguk could tell the surrounding air seemed to be thick

As he swallowed down the sick saliva throughout his throat, Jeongguk could tell the surrounding air seemed to be thick. His gaze decided to follow you as you walked to the bed and sat in the corner of the mattress. Your head dropped to look down as your fingers mingled. 

He couldn't come to decided whether you were sad, angry, or in utter despair. 

Jung kook couldn't keep it in. He couldn't stop his thoughts from racing back to the time you shot yourself in front of him due to a single error he made. He despised himself for this.

He wasn't prepared to lose you in this way. He can't afford to lose you when he desperately needs you in his life. 

As a result, he rushes. He rushes to you, but in a slow and deliberate manner. He walked close to you until he was certain your gaze was now fixed on his toes. He wasn't sure whether he should hold your chin up and let you talk to him, or if he should fall to his knees and beg your pardon.

The second option was ideal for him and the circumstances. 

So he slid down on his knees, his gaze wandering to your face, which was now stuck. He softly moves his hand to grab your chin, but his heart sank when you yanked his hand away.

Were you pushing him? away? 

Uncontrollably, a tear fell from your eyes and managed to land on his hand, which was holding your chin. He became frightened. "I loved you..." you mumbled as more tears streamed down your cheeks. 

When Jungkook's woman cried in front of him, he had no idea how his vision began to blur. He made a promise. He had promised never to give her a reason to cry, but here he was, the reason she was crying. Jungkook despised this. Jungkook despised the sensation his body was giving him.

he messed up bad, he did?

but still, he managed to move his hand further to your face to wipe that delicate wet trail that was leaving your eyes. he erased them with his thumb pad, soft hums leaving his mouth to shush you and at least, let you find peace. 

"i loved you kook...but.." he hated the mention of 'but'. 

"i love you so much....please baby, i can explain" jungkook said in a soft tone, making you shook your head tightly as you yanked his hand away from your face. "my memory was lost and you- you didn't even told me?" the first question, he expected this. 

"baby please, just let me explain" you wanted this. you wanted him to explain but you were stubborn and he knew it. "baby, please..." you agreed. 

jungkook laid you back on the bed before he moved on the mattress to let your head rest on his thighs later. he delicately moved his fingers in your scalp as you whimpered because of your tears and sore throat. "please calm down first.." he said, giving his best to calm you down. 

and some minutes later, he did. "that day, what you heard was right okay, i did went to kill sua and your ex- boyfriend" jungkook hated even implying to someone who once had you. "but i didn't killed them..." and that made you look at him. 

he smiled softly, "i didn't killed them my bun....she was pregnant and i can't kill them...okay?" "and i don't think there is any reason to kill them...i'm happy with you and im glad she left that wedding that day" you smiled. 

moving your hand up which he gripped in the middle and pushed it to caress his own cheek with your hand, "i'm sorry for that day, i realized that im happy with you and there's no need to kill sua and other because of my reputation...your best friend is safe..." he said. 

"and about that day....i'm sorry once again. i shouldn't have left you alone and later, i should have not hide it but i was afraid that you would leave me...and i'm scared" "i love you so much to let you go" he continued. 

"please forgive me, my lady?" jungkook said as he looked down at you with his doe eyes and maybe you had a time to be selfish. "i will forgive you...but on one thing" you said, looking at him to see his reaction which was a fast nod, "anything...just don't leave me" 

you smiled, sitting straight, " i want to meet my mother...please kook" 

and he couldn't reject. not when he needs your forgiveness so eagerly.