C6 Year1 Part3

Iridessa was starting to get used to this new experience of being a Witch and having to attend a boarding school to learn control over her magic and all that which came with it .

One of the things she loved best were flying lessons and the Quidditch friendlies that were held occasionally before the major matches .

One of these matches were held early in November and it scared her a little .

A  rogue bludger chased Harry around the pitch trying to hurt him. A nail biting experience to watch for Iridessa who'd become quite fond of the bespectacled boy with his lightning bolt scar .

Sometimes she'd be sitting with him alone at breakfast or in the common room and they'd talk a little and she'd tell him of her family and how they moved around a lot . But she didn't reveal their biggest secret . Not even when Hermione once asked why her family looked the way they did. Hermione might yet find out the secret on her own with her thirst for knowledge. Iridessa
wasn't scared about that.

Harry spoke of his horrible Muggle family and how they hated him and she told him that she's adopted .

He couldn't believe it because of her resemblance to her parents.

She had no explanation for that one either. She never asked her parents about it and would probably never .She was too content with her family as it is . She didn't care about who her biological family was.

When Gilderoy Lockhart vanished all Harry's bones in his broken arm that was caused by that bludger , Iridessa had felt angry and protective over her friend . If there weren't other teachers around , she'd probably have kicked Lockhart's behind for that stunt .

She was only glad when Madam Pomfrey ,the school nurse could help him grow back the bones with a cup of Skele-Gro potion  . She wrote a letter to her Daddy about that potion . She knew he'd be fascinated by it .

On that same night someone else was petrified . Colin Creevey ,the boy with the camera.

Iridessa wasn't happy about her friend's unfortunate situation .

Whatever , or whoever was doing this needed to be found and get rid of . Or pay for their crimes.

Then there was the dueling club thing that she missed because she went home earlier than expected . Hermione wrote to her about everything that happened with that and after.

Her family was happy to have her back and their cousins from  Denali visited until after Christmas .

Of all their cousins Iridessa liked Kate the most . She was the best of all of them with her badass personality.

Tanya was nice and Irina sometimes could be stubborn about some things .

Eleazar and Carmen was friendly ,but the way Eleazar sometimes watched her with a curious glint in his eyes made her feel slightly uncomfortable.

No one but Jasper , obviously , noticed and she was attacked with a wave of comfort everytime.

She sent presents to her friends that Alice had helped her buy and Rosalie had helped her wrap up .

Everyone got something , even if it was small, even Hagrid who Harry had taken her to see one day .

She loved his dog Fang .  He had such a cute scrunchy face .

Then it was time for her to go back to school again even though the school was still a dangerous place  for Muggle-Borns .

" Why do we have to send her back ?", Rosalie asked Carlisle on the day Esme would be taking the plane ride with Iridessa and then escort her further to the Hogwarts Express .

" She can't miss any more school days ,Rose . Look, I don't like it either ,but she needs to pass her exams this year so that she can attend the school again next year ".

" At the cost of her being in danger because she's a Muggle-Born !", Rosalie argued ," Dad , we can't let her go back ".

Carlisle sighed softly. " I know ,Rose . But we have no choice . Esme Love ,are you ready to go ?!".

" Yes ,Hon, I just need to get this little Sweetling to stop hiding under her bed !".

Emmet let out a booming laugh before running upstairs to help his Mom retrieve his little sister .

" Come on , Little Rainbow. Don't you wanna go back to see your friends and get another crack at waving that stick of yours?", he asked bending down to take a peek under the bed .

She peeked out the same time and let out a loud squeak when her nose touched his and her eyes found his .

He chuckled softly before reaching out and gently pulling her from under the bed by her arm . He was careful not to hurt her. None of them ever liked to hurt her . She was their little rainbow after the storm. Their sunshine after the rain .

Cheesy , but true .

" I don't want to go back . My friend Colin's been petrified. What if it happens to me ?. Pretty please , don't send me back ?".

"You'll be fine , Little Rainbow . Dumbledore promised to watch over you . Now come on,or you'll make yourself and Mom late for the flight ."

" Aren't Daddy coming ?", she asked as Emmet lifted her up into his arms to carry her downstairs.

" No , Little Missy . I've got a shift at the hospital . Edward will drive you and Mommy to the airport . Now kiss everyone quick or you'll miss the flight."

She held her lips for him to kiss and then for everyone else but Esme and Edward who she'd still see for a bit , respectively, until she's on the train back to school.

Emmet handed her to Esme after receiving his kiss . " Goodbye , Little Rainbow . Don't forget to write !", he called out after her as Esme proceeded to carry her out to the car.

" I won't !," she promised , before hiding her face in the crook of Esme's neck .
           💐🌠🌠💐
" You're back!. Ginny shouted happily when she spotted her friend walking into the common room ,"How was your holidays ?".

Iridessa smiled ." Great , and yours?" .

" It was fun . Wait till Luna hear that you're back.... And the twins. It was weird . Many people missed you. Even Percy and he never misses anyone  ."

She ran off somewhere, probably to go tell Luna about Iridessa's return, and Iridessa was left to go greet Harry and Ron who sat playing wizarding chess in a corner .

She jumped half on Ron's back , causing him to let out a shout of shock .

" Iridessaaaa", he protested when he realised who it is that just scared him .

She giggled , pulling away from him to go plop herself down beside Harry.

" Oooh ,chess ... Daddy and Edward sometimes plays . Is it different than Muggle chess ?".

" Sort of ," Ron explained , forgetting about her scaring him a moment ago.

" Oh,oh, teach me, teach me ,please?", she begged the redhead , giving him her best version of puppy dog eyes while hopping excitedly on her seat .

Harry laughed at her antics." Settle down ,Des. Ron will teach you , but only if you sit still and wait patiently . "

She folded her arms and grumbled something incoherently ,yet settled down to listen to Ron as he explained wizarding chess to her .

It wasn't that different from the Muggle chess ,though. The only thing was the pawns being alive and moving on their own.

" How's Hermione now ?", she asked the two boys as she watched them continue to play after Ron's lesson.

They shared a look . She caught it and frowned .

" She wrote to me about what happened , so you guys can tell me ", she said .

Harry looked around at all the students that were coming and going . " I think we should take you to go see her . There's too many ears around here ".

She nodded . " Okay , tomorrow?".

He returned the nod ." Tomorrow ," he promised .
             💐🌠🌠💐
Sorry it's short , but I really don't want to rush the story too quickly .