Chapter 1: Lies

Knock, knock. Knock, knock. At first it sounded in a way quiet till I realized someone was knocking the door to my room. That's when it felt louder, but then the knocking turned into banging which made me jump slightly. With an annoyed and frustrated groan, I walk with a dazed expression to the door and swing open. At first I open my mouth to ask why the so needed banging at my door but they instead speak first. "It's the Emperor. He ordered me to get you and to make it snappy." The guard just sounded bored. Hell, he even walked away immediately after that sentence, not really caring to give more context.

Felt a shiver travel down my spine at the thought of 'making it snappy'. That must mean he's steamed about something. I grab my cape, head out the room and close the door as quickly as I can in worry that rascal will follow me. I can't have him follow me every minute, and especially not in a place like this.

And upon arriving to the throne room I see Belos, who I assume is angry with me because when isn't he? His finger taps on the throne repeatedly. "Do you even know why you're here?" He sounds so frustrated it's painful. "No. I don't.." Unfortunately he'd be able to sense my fear due to my obvious body language. "I made sure there are no guards here because I need to keep this private. I know about your palisman, that is if this is true. Kikimora told me she saw it in your room. And why would she lie to me?" That's when he gets up and steps closer to me while I step back once on instinct but stand still in case that too would be punishable.

"Do you? Because I'm sure you can guess what'll happen if I find out you're lying to me." My uncle bends down ever so slightly with his azure eyes piercing into my ruby red ones. ".. N- no. I could never have a palis-" And I am suddenly interrupted by the bright red glow of a circle in the air created by the Emperor. I've lost all ability to move till the magic slides me to the side but with such force I fall backwards once let go. My eyes tightly close as I clench my teeth in pain since the back of my head didn't land on the carpet but the hardened floor. Sitting up I rub the back of my head and restrain myself from blurting out profanities all while I feel a slight throb in my head.

But I suddenly can't move once again and feel myself getting pulled forward in front of Belos once he starts walking. Through the halls there are guards who can't help but look as I'm floating against my will in front of Belos till he drops me in front of the door to my room. 

(Tell me of any spelling errors and in case anyone is out of character.)