Chapter 65: The End of the Beginning

~~~

Naruto dashed towards the many ROOT Anbu that were guarding the tunnel that led to the room that Danzo was in.

Sai followed from behind, unleashing a wild pack of tigers that were made of pure ink. Jumping in the air, Naruto saw all of them go towards him in a wild manner.

You all won't be enough. Naruto thought, the ink tigers making a rampage as he landed on top of a ROOT member. Moving away, Naruto got on the red metal railing, balancing himself perfectly.

Bending his back backwards, a kunai that had an explosive tag attached right on it passed right by him. Seeing this with his eyes, Naruto caught the handle, jumping away as he redirected the kunai towards the many ROOT members.

They are too clustered due to the lack of space. Naruto thought, seeing an explosion as the kunai had pierced through the clothing that one of the members had.

"Is this all you got?" Naruto taunted, attaching his feet on the rusty metal pipes. The downpour of blood stained the area due to the abundance of people that got caught in the explosion.

"You haven't seen anything," Basilisk said, appearing behind him alongside many other members of ROOT. They were ready to thrust the blades in their hands through his heart.

Naruto suddenly disappeared from their sights, making them wide their eyes in realization.

Genjutsu.

In a split second, the heads of many others had disappeared. "Such a waste," Naruto appeared back into his original spot, but the only difference was that he was covered in blood.

The blood from the people that he had killed.

Basilisk jumped away, thinking about his own safety instead of the safety of the minions that served Danzo.

"Shinsekai"

Looking a few seconds into the future, Naruto saw over 20 of the ROOT members jumping from behind. Now ignoring Basilisk, Naruto turned around, seeing the ROOT members.

A bolt of electricity appeared surrounding his cursed eyes. It was the same technique that he had used against Sasori when they both had fought.

"Juden"

He had calmed down the output of this technique and took a break instead of overusing it. There were side effects of this technique that Naruto did not have any knowledge of.

After all, he has been taking it easy so he wouldn't fry his brain. But he did suspect that if he did overuse it this technique, he would appear quite delirious.

Having the possibility of having the ability to harvest an infinite amount of information would without a doubt be quite intoxicating.

Shifting his body to the side, Naruto dodged a glistening tanto that would've pierced his brain. As the tanto passed him, Naruto saw the image of ROOT member.

Bending his body backwards, he was now horizontal in the air. The ROOT member's fist had passed Naruto as he did this, soon hitting his comrades face.

Taking down another 4 ROOT Anbu members, even more came after him. Naruto looked to the side, seeing Sai take on Leviathan.

Was Sai always this powerful? Naruto thought, seeing him being able to take on one of the strongest ninja in all of ROOT.