【12】

Bustling through the school hallways, I made my way towards the classroom door

Bustling through the school hallways, I made my way towards the classroom door. I couldn't get a wink of sleep last night as my mind was plagued with the thoughts of what was going to happen if the story does not unfold on how it is supposed to be, which hence kept me awake all night and day.

Although I was quite sleep deprived and drained, it didn't stop me from coming to school early as the answers to my questions were far more important than my supposed health and its not like not sleeping for a day will kill me, I can always sleep during the classes so that was not really a problem.

As for the clarification of my doubts, last night I had texted Sayuri whether she can come early to school tomorrow as I needed some help and to that she gladly agreed and asked me to meet at my classroom door. So here I am walking through the corridor to get to the said place and as I had expected there was not much of the crowd around.

I had purposely asked her to meet early because of the sole reason of not being accidently eavesdropped by other people. Upon reaching the classroom I saw Sayuri patiently waiting for me there.

Jogging upto her, I greeted her politely like a civilised person should. "Good evening Sayuri, sorry that I made you wait for so long."

Sayuri was surprised by the sudden voice as she was not paying attention but quickly recovered and greeted me back.

"Good evening Irina-chan, don't worry I just came a few minutes ago, what did you want to talk to me about ?"

"Oh yes, sorry for calling you this early but I need to ask you a few things. Do you know any place where we can talk in secret ?" I asked hopefully as I did not intent to talk about this matter while standing here and running the risk of being caught.

"I think the library will be the best place then since it is usually empty around this time and we can peacefully sit there and discuss" Nodding to her idea, we made our way towards the library.

On the way, no one spoke a word and we were enveloped only by silence which I found a little weird as Sayuri was very talkative yesterday but I did not pay much mind to it as I had more important matters to deal with such as coming with questions which would get me all the answers that I need and at the same time not make Sayuri suspicious.

Arriving at the library, we took one of the last corner seats, away from the main desk and few other people who were present there. Fortunately there were no familiar faces among the people present, so I took this as a sign to ask as much as possible before the lecture starts.

Clearing my throat, I looked at Sayuri and began my questionnaire. "So Sayuri since you have been in this school for a long time, you must know quite a few things, and that being said I want to ask you some questions related to the Sakamaki brothers."

Hearing my question, Sayuri did not say anything and only blinked multiple times. Seeing her reaction, I started getting cold feet thinking I messed up real bad and how I will make up for it but my thoughts were cut off when after a few minutes Sayuri heaved a sign and a light chuckle escaped from her lips.

"Umm Sayuri is something wrong ?" I asked completely confused on why did she react that way, was there some kind of joke related to Sakamaki brother ? I wouldn't be surprised if there was one though.

"No no I am just relieved I thought you wanted to stop being my friend after what happened yesterday but I am glad that is not the case. You want to know about the Sakamaki brothers right ? Go ahead and ask I will try my best to answer." Sayuri replied while wearing a pleased smile on her face.

Seeing her reacting, I felt a little guilty because she seemed so grateful when on reality I was only using her as a means of information. Pushing these thoughts back, I decide to focus on the current situation and ask the questions.

"Have you ever seen any of the Sakamaki brothers with a platinum blonde haired girl ? She also has sherbet pink eyes."

This was a risky question as there were chances of Sayuri asking me who this girl was but I still decided to risk it as beating around the bush would not do any good and will only waste time and what if there other girls with the same coloured hair, that would be a problem.

"Platinum blonde and sherbet pink huh ? I don't think any of the girl matches the description." Hearing her reply my spirit started to break but I composed myself and decide to ask the next question.

"Oh I see, then apart from Sakamaki brothers are there any other set of brothers in the school who are also popular ?"

I added the word popular preferably because of Kou Mukami as he is an idol, and there is also no way the Mukami brothers wouldn't be popular, given their appearances.

The reason I asked this question is because there is a slightest chance that Sayuri might have missed Yui as the brothers usually didn't allow her to hang out in crowded places and with other people. So if there are Mukami brothers here then Yui must be in their house.

"Popular and brothers ? I don't think there any other set of such people apart from the Sakamakis" With those words, all my hopes of Yui being here came crashing down. A feeling of dread started crawling in me after being struck with the sudden realization.

"Oh is that so?" I didn't ask any question after that more like I didn't have anything left to ask. My mind started clouding with all the worst scenarios possible, I didn't know what to do anymore because all the plans I have made for survival were centred around the fact that this was the anime Diabolik lovers and the main character was Yui and I was aware of the future events.

But after this newfound information I don't know what to do anymore, the story is not the one I know, I don't how will it unfold, I am not sure if this is Diabolik lovers anymore, I mean could it still be called the same anime when the plot is not same anymore? and to make matters worse I have no idea on whose body am I occupying, I only know the name of this body, that's it. I don't know what to do anymore.

Worried by my silence and perplexed face, Sayuri tried to apologize thinking it was her fault that I ended up in this state. "Are you okay Irina-chan ? I am sorry for not being able to help you" I didn't respond to Sayuri as I had my own mental breakdown going on but I was snapped out of it upon hearing Sayuri's next sentence.

"I don't know if this information will be helpful but I hope it eases your mind a little. As I said earlier there is no such girl like you described with any of the Sakamaki brothers but..........."

Before continuing Sayuri shifted her position to lean closer towards me and also signalled me to move closer, fearing that someone might hear what she was about to say.

Following her directions, I too leaned in and what came out of her mouth, made me have hope once again.