9❀

He's kissing me

     He's kissing me.

     Like actually kissing me.

     On the lips.

     This isn't my first kiss, obviously. I have a whole child. But every guy I kissed has been those small pecks in high school.

     They weren't real kisses.

     Like this one.

     His lips were warm and soft, as I expected. He kinda tastes like vanilla.

     I could feel the soft tickle of his breath beneath my nose, his hand wrapped around my waist, and pulled me closer to him.

     My lips parted slightly, allowing his tongue to slip inside. As he deepened the kiss further, I decided that this was going to escalate if we didn't stop now.

     I pulled away and a string of saliva was connected to our lips. I wiped my mouth, blushing hard.

     "Was that okay?" Zameer asks softly, rubbing my hip with his thumb.

     "Uhm, yeah it was fine. Perfect. Wait-" I stutter out, embarrassing myself. I wanted nothing more than to just crawl into a hole and never come out. Zameer chuckles at me and pulls me onto his lap, so I was straddling him.

     "You're okay?" He asks with a lopsided smile. He puts both of his hands on my hips and begins moving them in an up and down motion, rubbing my sides and stomach.

     "Yeah!" I breathe out, studying his facial features. He kisses my cheek softly and stands up with me still in his arms. "I'm fine."

     He hummed and we sat in a comfortable silence, with my head rested between his neck and his shoulder. He was placing soft kisses on the side of my head when our small moment was interrupted by my phone ringing. I groaned and reluctantly sat up, reaching over his shoulder for my phone that was sitting on the couch.

     I checked the contact and it was Jackie, Echo's babysitter. I immediately answered because she never calls me unless it's an emergency.

     "Um, I have to take this, I'll be right back." I rush out to Zameer, hopping off of his lap and running into what I assumed to be his bedroom.

     "Hello? Is Echo okay?" I ask Jackie in a worried tone.

     I hear lots of wailing and crying in the background which causes my heart to sink to my stomach.

     "Um, yeah no uh. Echo is terrified of thunderstorms and she keeps crying for you, and I can't calm her down. I'm so sorry for ruining your date but I think you should come home."

     My heart sinks even further when I realized I forgot all about Echo's fear of thunderstorms and loud noises.

     I feel like a horrible mother.