𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 7

My heels click on the floor as I walk towards his office

My heels click on the floor as I walk towards his office.  Do I knock? Or just walk in? 

Hesitantly I raised my knuckles and give a soft knock onto the door. 

"Leave!" he growls at me as the door swings open. Oops. 

Now I've had my fair share of unexpectedly walking into my dad's office and getting yelled at, safe to say I'm traumatized. 

"Fuck. He mumbles noticing it's me. 

"I'm so sorry Soph, I didn't know it was you." he sighs. I walk into his office, but as usual, my attention is focused on the breathtaking view of New York City. 

"It's okay but why were you yelling?" I shift my gaze onto him, his cheeks slightly red from anger, his ty lose and his hair a bit messier, probably because he's been running his hands through it.  I was somehow turned on? What is wrong with me? 

"My father wants me to invite Corbin to the wedding." I gulp hearing the word, wedding. He's actually getting married. 

At least I just have to sit through the wedding. 

"I'm not gonna say, well he's you're brother because if he's toxic, no family title is gonna change that. If you don't want him there, then he shouldn't be there." When he needed best friend advice, my feelings can go to hell for all I care. 

"Thanks, Soph. I actually wanted you to stop by to talk about that picture of us in your lobby last night." Right, not to confess he's in love with you and canceling his wedding. 

"Right. I'll have my publicist get it removed." I sigh. 

"My dad thinks we should also make a public post about it. Saying I was just there to drop you home." he, somewhat hesitantly tells me. 

"I'll post it and a congratulations post too." I smile at him. 

"Great Soph. Thanks for unders-" His door opens and I'm a little taken back because no one really enters without knocking. 

"Sophia. Axton." Denzell makes his way into the room. 

I try so hard not to scowl. 

"Mr.McKay," I mumble. 

"Sophia, I have been searching for the best wedding planner. None seems to match my fit Either they're too booked, offer petty options. It's all so stressful since we would like the two very much in love, kids to get married soon." Pass me a bucket, I'm going to throw up. 

"I have some recommendations, I'll send their details to Axton." I give him a fake smile. 

"I couldn't help but notice how lovely the engagement party was arranged," he says in a cunning tone. I fight the urge to roll my eyes. 

"I'm sure you won't mind planning the wedding. After all, it's not like you have anything else to do," he says.  I raise an eyebrow. 

"Father."  Axton begins but is cut off. 

The door opens again and a very, occupied Piper walks into the room. Great, more bitchy vibes. 

"I found my wedding dress!" she squeals. This time, my eyes do roll and so does Axton's. 

"It's by this elegant and well-portrayed clothing line."  She opens her laptop showing us a bawl gown wedding dress. From the sweetheart neckline, the jeweled bodice, and the trail. I instantly recognized the dress.  I smirk.  

"I already placed my order and the founder of the line will be handmaking the dress!" she squeals in excitement. 

"Actually Mr.McKay. I do have better things to do, like design that dress. " I smirk. 

"You wished." Piper scoffs. 

"What's the name of the line?"  I ask 

"Sophia Rivera Designs." Obviously not you, you're just a model. She rolls her heavily decorated eyes. 

I look at Axton and he's so close to laughing. 

"Actually hun, I'm a designer, model and an event planner. Triple threat."  I  smile at her. 

Her eyes widen and I claim victory. 

"I can't plan this wedding Mr.McKay." I turn to the oddly quiet old man. 

"Axton, can we leave for lunch now?"  I ask him grabbing my bag from the table. 

"Uh, right." He turns opening the door, for me. We walk into the elevator and he starts laughing.

"What?" I ask smiling. 

"Did you not see her fucking face?" he laughs. 

I start laughing just at the sight of him laughing. 

"Not really, I was looking at your dad." I chuckle. 

"Priceless," he mumbles as he stops laughing.  

The elevator opens and we walk into the underground garage.  We get into his car and he drives out the building, sunlight draining onto us. The streets were busy, people walking, driving, even running to catch a cab. Some with coffee in their hands, some walking, and eating. I loved the rush of New York. It was so, fascinating how noisy it was. At night the city was so, bright. My heart truly belonged to this place. 

"So, how's your new line coming a lot?" he speaks,

"Good should be out soon," I mumble, not really looking at him, the city was busy fascinating me. 

"I saw what you said about our charitable donations for the Cancer-fighting community." 

"Mhm. Yea." I stare at a familiar man, I swear I've seen him before.  His blonde hair was covered with a cap, but you can tell he's blonde, his eyes blocked out with shades and his entire outfit black. 

"Sophia." I hear Axton, but I'm set on the man at the end of the street. 

I feel fingers on my chin, then I'm being turned to look at Axton. 

"Soph. You okay?" He asks scanning my face. 

"Yeah, yeah." I say, convincing myself  more than him. 

"What were  you saying?" I ask him. 

"Charitable donations..." Oh. 

"Oh yeah. I know how much it means to you." I look at him and I see that look. 

"I miss her too Axton." I tell him. His grandmother died a few years ago, she was the only parent that had time for him. He went through a lot after her passing. 

"So, Chipotle?" he asks, knowing it's my favorite restaurant. I smile nodding.