xvii. beg or bargain

chapter 17 - beg or bargain

"Emerson," Clarke's voice rung out, echoing through the walkie-talkie in Dakota's hands. "I know you're listening. We need to talk."

There was a brief moment of silence that followed, and for a split second, Kota doubted he was really there after all. However, soon his gruff voice crackled through the intercom and her original assumptions were unfortunately correct.

"I don't need to do anything." He replied, and in the background, various grunting was heard from what they could only assume was their missing friends. "You should have killed me when you had the chance."

"And now you're here to kill me, is that it?"

"Something like that..."  Was his response, and the three listening in could only imagine the evil smirk that must have been present on his face.

"Then let my friends go." Clarke tried to reason with him, though Kota knew for a fact that he wasn't up for negotiating. "Do that, and you can have me."

"You're brave, Clarke, I'll give you that. They're lucky to have a friend like you."

Kota rolled her eyes at his taunting, while she was already trying desperately to think of a plan to help them. It didn't seem like he knew she was there too, and it also seemed like Bellamy and Clarke didn't realize that he hadn't captured her like the others. It was the perfect scenario because it now allowed her to form a surprise attack. She just had to figure out how to go about doing it successfully.

"Come to the airlock." Emerson demanded. "No weapons. Right now."

And just like that, the conversation ended, leaving Kota unaware of what exactly Clarke had planned. All she knew was that her friends were in trouble. Octavia was in trouble, and she'd be damned if she let a sick bastard from their past jeopardize the life of the one person she truly had left.

While ALIE's words proved to be true regarding a tragic fate for every loved one in her life, Kota was determined more than anything to prevent that from happening to the people that still remained. She would do what she had to in order to protect them all and keep them safe, even if that meant making deals with the devil in the process.

So, with that thought in mind, Kota safely secured the flame back into her locket, before grabbing her sword that she had rested on the bed, which actually used to belong to her sister. She then exited the room quietly and quickly scouted the hallways, before making her way down to the airlock chamber. She still didn't have a plan whatsoever, but she wasn't about to waste time trying to come up with one. All she knew was that she needed to act fast, before it was too late.

_________

Soon enough, Clarke had arrived at the airlock with Bellamy hot on her tail. However, once they rounded the hallway corner, he chose to stay hidden with his gun readied, while the blonde slowly stepped out in the open with her hands raised in surrender as she showed herself to Emerson.