Chapter 10: Road Trip.

It's Oliver's birthday today

Safe to say I am freaking out. Well, you see I didn't buy him a present yet which means I need to find someone to drive me somewhere and get him something, very specific I know.

What do you get the person you had a crush on for six years for their birthday?

Am I making a big deal out of this? Probably. Do I care? No.

"Oh best big brother in the world," I called, can somebody slap me already?

"Yes, annoying little sister?" He sang.

"Can you take me to the mall or something?" I asked.

"Why?" He looks suspicious, there is nothing to be suspicious about mister.

"I need to buy Oliver a present, and you know what he likes, and I don't have my license yet, so as your big brother duties you have to drive me m'kay?"

"M'kay." He shrugged and grabbed his keys.

                                ➪➪➪

"What does he like again?" I ask.

"Basketball, books, his car, chips, his little sister, that's all I got." okay I can work with that.

"So we'll go buy him a book and something basketball related?" that sounds good.

"Yup yup." He led me towards a random bookstore, we looked through the shelves of books and I ended up with nothing.

"What type of books does he like again?" I asked.

"Anything that's John Green is good, he was actually talking about wanting to get Looking For Alaska, it's the only book by John Green he didn't read yet."

"Couldn't you have told me that like twenty minutes ago?" I deadpaned.

"Slipped my mind." he shrugged nonchalantly.

I turned my back on him and looked through the shelves for the book, I read it a while ago, it's a good book actually, when I found it I grabbed it off of the shelf and bought it.

"Where do you get basketball stuff?" I asked my brother once we were out of the store.

"Any sport shop, there is one down the road," He started walking in that direction, "Kay?" he asked.

"Yeah?"

"Do you like him?" He asked.

I almost choked on my own spit.

"What?" I spluttered.

"Do you like Oliver?" He clarified, "It's ok if you do, I won't be mad." He calmly stated.

There is no way out of this, he can tell when I lie, "Kinda," I admitted. Oh my god.

"Huh cool," he continued walking as if nothing happened.