012

january 26th, 2024
12:12 am

JALEN PUSHED THROUGH the various people at the club, simultaneously ignoring the starstruck looks he was receiving

Noelani had previously told Jalen before she had left to pick him up when his two hour timer had ended but he had underestimated how packed this venue was going to be.

Noelani was taller than the average woman and it was going to be exacerbated by the heels she was wearing so Jalen was having a hard time understanding why it was taking so long for him to find his girlfriend.

He drifted closer and closer to the middle of the dance floor when someone gripped his wrist.

Without looking, he quickly brushed the hand off and tried to move away.

The hand wrapped around his wrist once more, even tighter this time, and when Jalen looked up he was met with the half impatient, half tired facial expression of Noelani.

He pulled her closer to ensure that he could be heard by her, "You ready to go?"

"Yeah," She sighed then a look of alarm passed over her features, "Who's watching Alani?"

"My mom. Let's go." Jalen had started to lead her out off of the dance floor when Noelani's tugged him back, causing him to pause and look behind him at her.

"We need to get Lei and J.T." Noelani insisted, "I came here with them, I can't leave without them. It's wrong."

Jalen pursed his lips then glanced down at his watch and sighed, "Okay. You know where they went?"

"This way," Noelani nodded her head to the right of her and Jalen let her lead him this time around.

The couple searched throughly for the young woman until Jalen found Leilani talking to J.T and a few other girls about their age.

"Aye," Jalen pointed in Leilani's direction.

When Leilani saw that Jalen was by Noelani's side, she rolled her eyes the tiniest bit and Jalen rolled his back at her attitude.

"It's the old ball and chain, y'all." Leilani said when the couple was close enough.

"Shut up, Lei," Noelani's tone was steady and a little irritated, "I'm leaving. You're coming right?"

"No. It's not even midnight." Leilani complained.

Noelani started to open her mouth to speak her own retort but Jalen interrupted.