Chapter Fifteen

Nappa grinned and wiped his mouth as he stared at the stunned fighters. All four of them were trembling from shock. He looked down at Tien's dead body and let out a soft chuckle.

"I-Impossible," Piccolo stammered. "Is...is he immortal?"

"This can't be happening," Krillin clenched his fists in anger. "I-I cant believe that Tien Shinhan...All of them, one after another are dying." He looked up and let out a desperate cry, "Goku! Hurry please!"

Vegeta looked up with a curious expression, "Goku? This isn't the first time they've mentioned that name..." he thought for a moment, "...wait."

"Another one down," Nappa said looking at Krillin and Piccolo, "Now it's your turn. I'll let the Namek, Piccolo, live. Well more or less, just so he can tell me more about the dragon balls."

"Lucky you Piccolo," Krillin said, "they think you're the only one who knows about the dragon balls."

"Wont matter anyway," Piccolo said, "they plan on killing all of us anyway."

"Shut up," Mae frowned. "No one else is gonna die."

Both Krillin and Piccolo looked at Mae with a ridiculous look. "You're a foolish child," Piccolo said. Krillin didn't say anything but deep down he agreed.

"Listen," Krillin spoke to Piccolo, "I'm glad you're on our side, even if it is temporary. I never thought this would happen. How much confidence do you have about winning?"

"None," Piccolo said, matter of factly. "I never dreamed there was such power, they are far stronger than the saiyan who came befrore."

"Then I guess this is really it," Krillin said fearfully.

"Shut up!" Mae snapped. "I don't know about you two, but I don't plan on dying today and I'm not going to let Gohan die!" She cried out in frustration as she flew back down to Gohan to protect him, tired of the adults.

On the Lookout, Kami paced impatiently. "What could he be doing? How is he not here already? Hurry Son Goku!"

"You don't feel his presence?" Mr. Popo asked.

"No," Kami shook his head. "Only that I have little time left, that death approaches."

"B-But that cannot be!" Mr. Popo exclaimed, alarmed. "That would mean..."

"Yes, Piccolo is about to die," Kami finished the sentence.

Sweat beaded before sliding down Piccolo's forehead, he stared intensly at Nappa before glancing at Krillin. "We have to fight him on the ground. He's too skilled with aerial combat."

Nappa began to laugh, "wherever you want! It'll be the same result."

Piccolo and Krillin dropped to the ground in front of Mae and Gohan and prepared themselves.

"Haaah!" Nappa yelled as he flew down to attack.

"Now!" Krillin shouted.

Mae braced herself, ready to defend Gohan.

"Daddy!" Gohan cried out as he covered his face, hiding behind his sister.

Suddenly Vegeta yelled, "Nappa wait!"

Nappa stopped mid air and turned to the saiyan prince, just as surprised as everyone else. "Whats with you Vegeta? All I gotta do is..."

"Don't be in such a hurry," Vegeta cut him off. "I want to ask them something."

"Like what?" Nappa asked, confused.

Piccolo and Krillin looked at Vegeta with nervous looks on their faces, unsure of what the prince could want.