we are the champions

"Remus, he's nearly ten months old by now," I laughed

"Remus, he's nearly ten months old by now," I laughed. "He doesn't need to be bubble wrapped."

Remus looked up from his spot on the floor where he had removed all of the couch cushions and was arranging them around our small glass coffee table.

"The corners are sharp!" He insisted. "He could hit his head!"

I put my hands up in defense just as a knock came softly from the door.

"I'll get it," I said.

I walked through the living room to the door and swung it open to reveal a grinning James, a restless Lily, and a wailing Harry.

"Squiddy!" James cheered over Harry's cries. He slipped his baby bag off of his shoulder and over mine and pulled me into a bear hug.

"Hi," I laughed, my words muffled into his chest.

"Thank you so much," Lily sighed as James pulled back. "You're a lifesaver."

"Of course," I smiled.

Lily transferred Harry into my arms and I slid him over my hip, bouncing him lightly a few times and then directing his attention to my necklace, in which he promptly stopped crying.

"She's Merlin in disguise," James whispered to Lily as Remus appeared behind me.

"Hey," he breathed, placing a hand on the small of my back and reaching around to slide a thumb over Harry's cheek.

"Hi, Rem," Lily smiled, opening her arms for a hug.

"Our meeting with Dumbledore shouldn't be too long," James said to me. I nodded and then shrugged.

"Take as long as you need," I said, glancing between the rundown looking pair. "You two definitely need a break."

"Yeah," said Remus. "Go for drinks or something."

"Really?" Lily asked, her green eyes growing as wide as Harry's. Remus laughed and nodded.

"Let's leave before they change their minds," James said, backing off of our porch steps.

"Bye!" Remus and I called.

"See you in two hours!" Lily called back.

"Or ten hours!" Said James.

"Say bye-bye Mummy!" I said to Harry. He lifted his large eyes to meet mine and then turned out to Lily and James, who were waving and blowing kisses. Harry opened and closed his fist slowly and then babbled some nonsense of a goodbye before turning back to my necklace.

Remus and I backed into the house and he slipped the door shut.

"Do you want to take him?" I asked, still bouncing Harry lightly on my hip. Remus shook his head.

"He doesn't like me," he said.

"Aw, don't be like that," I said, ruffling Remus's hair.

Harry made a sound that sounded like "Moo" and then stuck my necklace charm in his mouth.