Free x And x Flight

"Damn, I didn't think it would take this long to get all the way down here, who knew." (y/n) sighs as she puts her head against her sisters back. 

Demeter laughs at her comment. "You've always been so impatient, you know we live hundreds of meters in the sky right?" She asks in humor. 

"Duh, I just didn't know that the damn rocks we lived on were that  far off of the ground." She murmured in embarrassment, cheeks puffed out as she gazes the sight around her. 

"It takes almost double the time it takes to get from edge to edge, I just think it's funny that the ground is much longer in span than the actual land we live on."

"Yeah, that is a bit weird now that I think about it." Demeter mumbles in response to her youngers words. 

"There it is! the bottom of the rock!" Demeter yells with glee, instantly exciting her sister, waking her up from her tired gaze.

"Alright let's find a good base."

After a while of flying and trying to find a secure place to begin tying the braided vine they manage to get a clear spot. 

"You know I would fly you down there if I could-" The younger girl interrupts her by shaking her head in understanding,  "I know, if you were to go down any further you wouldn't be able to return to the clan, I understand." 

No more words were needed as they finished up tying (y/n) getting ready to send her climbing down the vines that barely touched the top of the tallest trees on the planet. 

"Once I manage to get on the trees i'll swing the vine to send vibrations back to you so you can pull it back up and discard it." 

"Sounds perfect!" She grabs her younger sister and pulls her close inhaling her sweet yet indescribable scent, holding her close for the very last time. 

"Tonight, tonight will be the first night we'll watch the stars together in different places." She whispers into her ear as she refuses to tear up. 

"Then, every night after that until the end." They part from the hug then locks their hands together, looking into eachothers eyes, the older one taking after their father while the younger one taking after their mother. 

"I'll miss you, but i'll be fine. You go, and you find all the knowledge you can."

With a curt nod they let go of each other and with one last look, the younger girl starts to climb down the vines. 

They were smart about their plan, they were able to reach the trees below them, which in group are regarded as the tallest trees in the world, the trees themselves were one-hundred meters in height, because of that (y/n) was able to reach them and able to signal the release of the vine. 

That was the most critical part of the plan. They needed a plan to where they could discard the connection to the floating land above, there could be no ties connected to the land above. There could never be an outsider that had ties to the clan, it could potentially be the end of the clan itself. 

Or that's what the elders preached. 

Once the girl was able to fall into the tree top below she shook the vine rigorously to signal that she made it to the trees safely.  

Not sooner than five minutes pass and the vine slowly begins to pull on lengthening the distance between her and the vines. 

She stares at the vines as they go up, until not even her sight could distinguish the blip in the sky. 

The sun was starting to come up, dawn on it's way and for a moment the girl stood in awe. 

For the first time in her life she was able to look beyond and see and endless area of the world, lakes, mountains, groves, everything she ever wanted and it was staring at her in the face, welcoming her with open, free arms.