Chapter 63

Tuesday morning, Fred sat with George, Jackson, and Angelina as his family owl came flying in, dropping a red envelope in front of him and his eyes widened when he realized what it was.

"Weasleys got himself a howler!" Lee laughed out from farther down the table with Gigi, Elle, and Cedric. Fred sent him a glare before going to open it, immediately hearing his mother's voice.

"Fred Weasley! How dare you do such a thing to Elle! I am disgusted with your behavior! Don't think for a second I will forget about this by the time you arrive home for Christmas break. I am absolutely appalled! No son of mine treats anyone the way you have, especially someone like my sweet Elle! Just wait until you get home! You'll regret everything you've ever done to this sweet girl when you see the list of chores you have at home young man! Oh, hello George, Jackson, hope you two are doing well." The howler yelled before turning to Elle later down the table. "Oh, and Ellie dear, just because Fred has been an idiot doesn't mean that you aren't welcome to the burrow anytime! Please, don't be a stranger, I still have that famous Weasley brownie recipe to show you!"

Fred threw the howler onto the table as he turned to send a glare to George.

"I can't believe you sent an owl to Mum about what happened with Elle! What is wrong with you?" Fred yelled at George.

"Even though I should have since you hurt my best friend, it wasn't me." George shrugged, sending him an eye roll as Fred turned to look down the table to see Ron and Ginny in a hushed whisper.

"Ron!" Fred yelled out as Ron and Ginny shared a look of horror.

"It was Ginny's idea!" Ron shouted out, pinning the blame on Ginny as she sent him a harsh whack on the arm.

"I am not going to let you break her heart because you are a stupid boy!" Ginny sassily told him as Fred stormed out of the great hall as Elle hid her red face from people's stares.

//

That afternoon, Fred had pulled George along to spy on his ex-girlfriend in the library as she sat with a new guy, the delight of George's afternoon.

"It feels wrong to spy on Cedric and Elle." George huffed out.

"Will you shut up? I have to make sure Diggory doesn't try to make a move on Elle." Fred shushed his brother.

"I'm sure he already has, but why do you care? You broke up with her and you are taking Angie to the ball." George reminded him as Fred sent him a glare.

"I still love her..." Fred softly said.

"But didn't she ask for space from you? Meaning, she wants nothing to do with you?"

"Oh, give it a rest George. You are starting to annoy me. Besides, I never agreed to that 'Let's have some space' bullshit." Fred shrugged.

"You are starting to sound like a stalker ex-boyfriend. Time to respect her decision..." George suggested, feeling bad for his brother.

"Shut up."

//

Wednesday in Potions, the atmosphere was very tense as Elle sat at one table with Lee and Cedric, while the table beside them seated Luke, George, and Fred while they began to work on their group potions assignment, which was to make Amortentia.

Elles' group had already finished it as all three of them were very skilled at potions, no matter how much Snape would refuse to admit it.

"Ellie, what do you smell?" Lee asked, getting ready to write it down for their report.

"Let's see..." Elle said, leaning over to the cauldron to get a good whiff, "I smell fireworks, broomsticks, marshmallows and I think cinnamon?... Why are you both looking at me like that?"