Chapter 32

Stefani's POV

I was exhausted.

Happy, but exhausted.

"I'm going to shower, goodnight," I locked the door and headed to the bathroom.

"G-goodnight," Lillian mumbled feverishly.

I stripped out of my clothes and let the sound of the running water soothe my thoughts. I wasn't sure how to describe tonight- today- everything. It was nice.

I washed the gel out my hair and let the bubbles flow to the floor and disappear in the drain.

I got lost in my thoughts and realized I have not smoked in a while and it's safe to assume it's because of Lillian. She's a rush- a rush I need to keep myself in check with.

I gave my conditioner time to soak in and let the water pressure melt my muscles into relaxation under a dimmed light.

Today's events have been-

"Kent, it's not even midnight and you can't even carry a simple 'how was today?' Conversation with me?" I hear Lillian complain through the walls.

"So much for ending tonight on a good note," I mumbled and dipped my head under the water.

I wish I had a blunt...

All this bickering that's been going back and forth, round about and over again has been giving me knots in my temples.

My eyes flickered when I remembered I had my cartridge tucked away in here.

My shower is literally a walk-in shower so I headed towards the sink cabinets and found my makeup kit to pull out- there it is.

"We talked earlier today, isn't that enough? Lilly I'm tired," my dad grunted.

Algorithms are not hard at all, he taught me how to do one in my junior year of highschool after calculus.

"We wouldn't have talked at all if you didn't call me to cancel," Lillian groaned.

"If I didn't cancel, we would've had dinner and still could've talked," my dad corrected her.

I tried to contain a cough when I realized i inhaled too much smoke and thankfully I did. But now my lungs hurt.

"Kent that's besides the point, the point is that I just want to spend quality time with you," I could hear the frustration in her voice.

"I said I'm free Thursday up until Monday because I have to set up everything for me to leave the office for a few days tomorrow," Kent informed her.

Yeah, one last fuck before he's 'trapped' the next few days of being a loyal fiancé, I scoffed and put up my makeup kit once I started to feel a tingle in the back of my head.

"Kent," Lillian spoke again.

"In the morning," Kent groaned and I heard the bedroom door open and shut.

"I just wanted to have a peaceful night and I truly thought making Lillian would help," I cursed to myself and shut the water.

I quickly threw on an oversized sweatshirt and applied my deep conditioner now that the gel has been washed out.

I'll style it in the morning but right now, I cannot stand risking to deal with moody Lillian all day tomorrow while my dad is at work. Excited Lillian burnt cookies. Moody Lillian might fuck around and burn the sheets.

"how's the couch?" I sat comfortably next to Lillian curled up in a ball.

"Not now Stefani," she grunted.

the petty shit, really?

I took you out for dinner.

"You shouldn't be on the couch. I thought it was traditional that the man sleeps there when he's the one that fucked up," I got up.

"Stefani, please go to bed," she brushed me off.

Stop testing my patience, I'm high and I have all the time in the world to put up with- whatever this mini midlife crisis I'm looking at Lillian go through all because Kent doesn't want to carry a conversation.

Hmm.

I headed to my bedroom to grab a throw blanket and when I made my way back to the living room, Lillian was sound asleep.

I knew I wasn't the only one tired.

I gently covered a blanket over her body and adjusted the AC so she isn't too hot or cold. I took one last glance as the city lights had a soft glow on her skin..

This isn't right.

I tip toed towards her and bent down, "Lillian... get up," I whispered.

She tossed the opposite direction.

This is ridiculous, I know the woman is tired and I know damn well I'm burnt to a crisp with my energy right now, but I'm not this goddamn tired.

"Lillian," I tapped her shoulder.

I stood back up and watched her sleep peacefully..

"Well that's a new interesting fact I learned about her... the woman is a heavy sleeper," I mocked as I whispered to myself on the way to my bedroom.