chapter 49

the moment we reach the institute i see clary and i run up to her hugging her around the waist not caring that shes on the phone.

"oh hey gracie." she speaks smiling at me i hug her tightly. ive missed her so much.

"is that gracie?" a voice speaks making me pull away frowning.

"simon?" i ask confused looking at clary as she holds the phone to her ear.

she looks at me with wided eyes before nodding and handing the phone over.

"hey simon." i speak threw the phone.

"how you doing kiddo?" he asks making me sigh.

" i dont theres alot of drama." i tell him leaning against the wall.

"awww like what?" he asks making me look at clary.

"give me 5 minutes." i mouth to her maiking her chuckle. she nods and walks off over to the table that magnus and jace are sat at.

"basically alec is getting married to some random blonde girl who totally hates me. me and magnus ahve been trying to convice him not to but he wont listen .alec's parents hate me. me and clary have barley spoken since you left and my mom is stuck sleeping like sleeping beauty." i rant quickly taking a deep breath after.

"woahhhh.....okay...thats a lot." he speaks an aswkward chuckle present in his voice.

"but your alright right simon?"i ask hoping fornothing else to worry about.he pauses for a moment not replying straight away making me concerned."simon?" i ask confused.

"yeah...everything fine with me....listen ive gotta go." he speaks quickly before the phone goes dead making me frown.

"okay..." i mutter looking at it as i walk over to the table where everyone is sat.

leaning against the table i look between everyone and they look at me.

"what?" i ask confused.

"nice purple hair." jace comments making magnus eyes snap towards my hair and his eyes widen.

"i knew something was different!" he gasps looking at me making me laugh.

" you've lived with me for the past week and a half and you've only just realised?!" i ask looking at him a fake angry pout on my face.

he makes an appoligetic face making me shake my head smiling at him.

looking away from magnus i look around at clary and jace and there strange awkward pressance around each other.

"what happened between you two?" i ask looking btween them confused.

they look at each other before both sighing.

"jace is our brother." clary speaks at the same time as jace.

"im your brother." jace speaks at the same time as clary.

"woah." i mutter under my breath. i look back up looking between them again." you two didnt-" i go to say looking at them frowning before they both shake there head's quickly muttering " no defidently not."...." okay then were good."i mutter looking at them both before magnus grabs me pulling me to sit on his lap and just shut up basically.

"why couldnt we do this at my place? at least we have cocktails there." magnus asks shifting me to sit on his legs instead of his lap, he keeps an arm around my waist hodling me.

"because alec is there." i reply back rolling my eyes before anyone else can speak.

" alec could be here any minuet." clary tells me making me groan rubbing an annoyed hand down my face.