||Aether: A Little Break

Holy shit finally an aether oneshot lmao

Requested by yourmaingf

Also as per peoples request, I'll be making more male / genderless y/n.

They/them prons

Also again, my commissions are open. If my art account goes well I'll be making genshin stickers and etc. So follow me in my art account (zyoshiko_)

➷A Little Break➷

Aether might seem calm up front, but the truth is he's always in a hurry. Running back and forth to finish commissions and help other people while also searching for his sister, you can't even imagine the stress he must be experiencing.

Along with many other reasons, that's why y/n can proudly call themself aether's biggest fan.

Y/n has stuck with aether all the way through - not in the creepy kind. Actually, they met when aether came to mondstatd the first time. Y/n is a seasoned traveller. After finding that just traveling alone got boring, they decided to join aether and Paimon on their journey.

What y/n didn't know is that aether does not take breaks. Of course he didn't force y/n to constantly follow him through his commissions and other errands, but y/n is a faithful being, helping aether through everything. They didn't want to hold back the traveller after all.

It was okay for the first half of their journey. After dealing with the dragon in Mondstatd, they raced straight to Liyue. Finally after defeating an ancient beast of a god in Liyue like it was an everyday hobby, they hopped into beidous sheep and sailed for Inazuma, where they currently are now.

It might sound short, but there was a lot happening between those periods. Y/n didn't want to admit it, but they really did feel worn out.

They did everything to get aether to sit down and rest. The only time he did manage to get some relax time was walking around through the festival with ayaka. That, and then he went straight back to commissions!

Y/n was really starting to wonder if he was made out of machines instead of flesh and blood.

Besides worrying about aether, y/n needed to catch a break. A really long one at that. Though they knew they didn't have that much leisure time, so they settled on one day. Just one whole day dedicated to taking a break.

Aether had just returned from mass murdering slimes when he came back. Y/n on the other hand was finishing their half of the commission.

Seeing the blond man walk towards them, they finished up quickly and rushed over.

"Aether, let's go in a picnic after this!"

His eyes widened in surprise at their suggestion. "A picnic?"

"Or we can take a stroll through the beach. Sure inazuma is in a bit of a mess right now but they still have nice beaches.." Aether Patiently listened as y/n rambled on and on about the things they could do together, specifically in inazuma. "..or we could go to the shrine, I heard people go to shrines during holidays. I think it'll be relaxing, don't you?"

Aether merely smiled and nodded. "I still have a lot to do, you can enjoy a break with paimo-"

"No! You're coming with us." Y/n hastily grabbed aether by the elbow. Aether made no movement of resistance. Although he did say some excuses.

"But i still have to help bla bla bla"
"But there's no time"
"But bla bla bla" and on and on.

Their shoes finally reaches the sand. There was the smell of salt and water that y/n had gotten familiar with, and the sand beneath their feet felt rough.