chapter 50

magnus holds my hand tightly as we walk threw the portal. my feet stumbling slightly as we land on the other side luckily magnus's hold on my hand steadies me and stops me from falling flat on my face.

i look around confused, are we even in newyork anymore?

all around surrounding us is trees and fields.. its strange to think that there is just a random portal in the middle or nowhere.

"ragnors house is just across these fields" magnus speaks pointing across the field we are stood in to literally nothing.

"lets make this quick." jace speaks waking ahead making us all follow after him quickly."well talk to ragnor, portal him back to the instite before anyone know we were gone." jace tells us marching ahead.

"i hold onto magnus hand trying to keep up turing to look at clary seeing her eyes locked onto the back of jaces head as we walk quickly across the fields.

"so um...brother and sisters? huh? ive always wanted a brother." i say more to myself than anyone else, still kinda hoping they would wanna talk about it.

"i dont wanna talk about it gracie."jace says looking back at me before looking forwards again.

what so were just work buddies?" clary asks annoyed walking quicker so she can walk side by side with jace."all about the mission, totally ignore the bomb that was dropped on us?" she asks shaking her head in disbeilf.

struggiling to keep up with how fast we are walkng still holding magnus's hand feeling more like he's dragging me than im walking side by side with him.

"yeah sounds like  a plan." jace says glancing at clary.

he takes a deep breath before continueing to walk.

"what do you want me to say clary?" he asks sighing deeply."that i was attracted to my sister?" he asks looking at her making me giggle.

"which sister?" i joke with a smirk on my face making magnus chcukle.

"actually point of fact brother and sisters are often attracted to each other"magnus says making us all turn and look at him grossed out."what? i once knew this couple in egypt-" he goes to say but i cut him off softly.

"magnus not helping babe." i tell him making him sigh and nod smiling at me since i called him babe.

"maybe this will all make sense when we wake jocelyn up."magnus says shurgging."since she is jaces mother as well-" he goes to say but gets cut of harshly this time by jace turning around and placing his hand on magnus's chest.

"dont say that again."jace orders his voice deep and mean making me squeeze magnus's hand."maryse is my mother."jace tells magnus.""at best jocelyn is the women who abandoned me."jace speaks dropping his hand from magnus chest 

"hey thats not true" i say scoffing making jace look at me.

"our mother would never abandone her son." i tell him an annoyed and angry expression on my face as he speaks rudely about my mom. i drop magnus hand to cross my arms shaking my head at jace.

"she thought you was dead."clqary tells jace making him sigh.

"or maybe she didnt want me" jace says annoyed looking between me and clary.

"you didnt know her jace-" i say annoyed before he cuts me off.

"thats right gracie i dont!" he snaps at me making me take a step back and shake my head."do you?" he asks looking between me and clary a large annoyed look on his face.

"im sorry i asked!" magnus exclaims shrugging his shoulders.

who the hell does he think he is. he doesnt know mom. he doesnt know anything about her so he has no right at all to stand here and accuse her of leaving him. he has no right to stand here and take bad about her.

"we came with you to escape our own relationship drama" magnus speaks looking at me and then at them." not get front row seats to yours." he says.

"clary sighs and looks away whilst jace turns around and looks around. i look up at magnus thinking about how in such a short amount of time my life has become so difficult.

"what was that?" jace asks looking around quickly.

"nice try jace, but your not getting out of this conversation." clary tells him shaking her head.

magnus looks around frantically hearing a low russleing sound also having the feeling that something is going to happen.

i watch as clary goes to walk towards jace i go to move too but magnus grabs me.

"look out.!" he shouts mkaing jace and clary look back at us before jace grabs clary pulling her back to towards us.

i look forwards where they are all looking suddenly seeing this wall of bright green flames hissing and howling and crackiling.

"why is the fire green?" i ask magnus holding onto his arm that he has wrapped around me.

"is a wall of fire that only the pure of hearts and intentions can pass threw." he explqains dropping his arm from around me holding onto my hand instead."clary and jace move to stand next to us looking at the wall." are you ready?" he asks squeezing my hand looking down at me.

i think for a moment before repying with a nod.

"yeah." i reply simply sending him a small smile.

we all look at each other before looking at the wall. walking one deeo breath before we walk towards it.

squeezing my eyes shut as we walk threw i kept them closed until i hear the sounf of clarys voice calling out for jace.

"jace?!" she calls making me open my eyes. looking at her i notice jace isnt stood beside her making me quickly look next to me where magnus was.

"magnus?" i call turning around seeing him not behind me either. i turn and look at clary with wide eyes seeing her already looking at me alarmed.

sorry its a short one i got half way with writing and my internet has gone down. really wanted to get something up so im using my 4g to upload this on my phone.

should hopefully start updating more.

so sorry for the long wait xxx