Chapter 21: Forgivness

"So? He got to you too huh?" The man muttered, trailing the room. He looked over one of the framed photos one of the nurses had dropped off. It was him last year when he visited, posing with all of the old staff he knew.

"Guess my dad has a type." He looked Max over not so subtly. The man was tall and bulked, lean with broad shoulders. He used to be the same. Damn how he missed it.

"What? Why am I here?" Christian said finally, standing before him. It didn't seem like he was going to make himself comfortable any time soon so Max continued.

"I wanted to hear it from you." Christian stared as if he didn't understand.

"..y..that's it?" He smiled dryly, clutching his mouth in disbelief. He stepped forward pointedly, face cold. "My father is a monster, Max. There's nothing else to talk about. We don't have time for this shit. Are you going to help me or not?"

"Hey, you dragged me into this. I didn't need to know or be involved but you wanted it. You had all week to spare. But now that I have questions, all of a sudden you don't have the time?

"He did it to me, and you, and others. A girl is dead because of him. And he isn't done." Christian said simply. Max cringed at the thought. He wondered how old she'd been.

"You have evidence. You have the power to stop it. I was told what a saint you were. You like to be the hero, don't you? Well you take the fall on this. We do. And none of them have to get involved. Will you do it or not?"

His dark fingers traced porcelain skin as he pulled himself from his thoughts. The guy on top of him sighed, lanky arms draping past his shoulder as he rested.

"Not too heavy?" The words were barely formed, causing Max to smile. His palm ran over Kyle's shoulder, still sticky with sweat.

"I'm fine."

He muttered under his breath, satisfied with that. Didn't seem like he was gonna be moving. Max didn't mind of course.

Maybe it was the months of abstinence or having to do none of the work but that was probably the best sex he'd ever had.

Don't tell DaKarie.

"Was it..?"

"Stop, Max."

"Yeah..yeah, alright." Kyle tucked his sharp chin closer into Max's neck. It was increasingly hot where they laid in the bathroom and his ass was starting to hurt from the tile but he didn't say anything.

Maybe he was dramatic before with the whole waiting thing. He would admit, it had been hard keeping his word but he was glad he did. Angry sex was so much hotter.

Max's eyes popped open at the sound of the bathroom door swinging on its hinges. It had probably been one of the nurses on her rounds. He was thinking they might be arriving soon since it had been a few since he was checked on.

He looked over in time to see the tall dark figure, jaw dropped in shock.

"What the f.." Karie popped down in a squat, laughing hysterically into his fists.

Kyle turned up to see what was happening, looking to Max in mutual embarrassment. DaKarie's eyes shone in pure amusement.

"Y'all really were fucking."

"Kar-

"Bruh this is the best day of my life. Of. My. Life!"

"Can you quite down?"

"You over here with cancer and shit and you still plowing?! That's crazy, man!" Max groaned, looking away. Karie shook his shoulder in excitement, hyping him up.