Chapter 29 : The Way to Reach the Moon

Invisible Moon

Chapter 29

The Way to Reach the Moon

"Just by staying under the warm moonlight,

the wind is filled with happiness."

#WINisWIND

What if I wished to be more than the wind under the moonlight?

What if I wished to be the wind staying by the moon's side?

Would the moon accept my wish?

"P'In..." I said his name lightly.

P'In stayed quiet for a while after I confessed everything in my heart.

P'In seemed to have come to a realisation. He looked at me with various expressions. I had no idea what was on his mind.

Later, he just turned his face the other way and called my name.

"Win." His voice sounded shaky while my heart was shivering.

"Want to be a UNISTAR?"

I was surprised by his question, right after I confessed to him.

"Do you want to?" He repeated and gazed at me.

He was waiting for my answer.

I didn't understand why he wanted to know, but I still asked myself.

At first, I thought I wanted to be the Moon because I was wondering what it felt to be in the limelight. But now, I finally realised that it wasn't the reason.

The happiness that I was looking for was something else.

I just wanted to be with someone who understood me.

"If I can be, I want to." I answered.

Since I was bullied by anti-fans, I had already given up all hopes of winning the UNISTAR contest. I didn't want to ruin P'In's reputation anymore.

It was just me being greedy. I couldn't deny it.

If I could become a UNISTAR, I would be able to stay with P'In longer. This was the main reason.

Nevertheless, the expression in P'In's eyes seemed pensive. As if it wasn't what he expected to hear.

And I couldn't understand why.

"If so, it's impossible." P'In said, looking up at the sky, far away. His expression was hard to guess.

Impossible? It wasn't a harsh word, but it was like a sharp knife stabbing into my heart.

"UNISTAR...idol...makes us...impossible." P'In continued without looking at me.

Even though he uttered word by word, it was still an incomplete sentence. But I thought I understood what he wanted to say.

Right. P'In was a UNISTAR. He was an idol. To idols, their image was the most important thing. And we are both men. That made our relationship impossible, just like he said.

I finally got his answer.

Right now, I figured I made him feel distressed. He might not know how to reject me without hurting me. P'In was such a caring person. He didn't want me to feel sad. So he gave me an indirect answer.