Chapter 49

Everyone was too shock by his sudden presence. Especially Xu Ling Ai. Her heart dropped when she saw the furious Li Zhao.

"Li Zhao.." Xu Ling Ai stammered. She is delighted he is here but she also don't want the two brothers fighting.

Li Zhao were on the edge of changing to his real self. He is barely holding in. Even the assassins could feel the chill when he walked inside the restaurant.

"Take your filthy hands off her." His words dripped with so much authority and dignified.

Wu Xi and the shadow guards fight with the assassins outside the restaurant.

On the other hand, Li Jun Yi was too shocked to realize that he got caught. He know that at this moment he is dead.

"Let go of me and run. I'm not helping you but I don't want any fight between the two of you because of me." Xu Ling Ai persuade Li Jun Yi.

Li Jun Yi had no choice but to follow her instructions. He push Xu Ling Ai towards Li Zhao and ran for his life.

Li Zhao grab the stumbling Xu Ling Ai and cover her body wth his. He wiped the tears on her cheek.

He wanted to chase Li Jun Yi but Xu Ling Ai swiftly stand on his way preventing him from chasing.

"I'm fine." Xu Ling Ai muttered.

He took off his outer robe and put it on her. His eyes was promising for someone's death. He craves for blood.

"Name." Li Zhao demand an answer. He know she is trying to hide the masks man identity.

"I don't know." Xu Ling Ai shrugged him off and rushed towards Chanyu.

She rushed at Chanyu trying to help him up. Ganba finally show himself out. He also went to Chanyu.

"Chanyu I'm so sorry. This wouldn't have happen if I did not ask you to bring me here." Xu Ling Ai sadly stated as she wiped the blood on Chanyu's face.

Chanyu just kept his silence. Guilty eat him up when he look at Xu Ling Ai's worried face.

"Your Highness, can I treat him first before we go back?" Xu Ling Ai knew Li Zhao is still mad but he couldn't leave Chanyu like that.

"Xu Ling Ai, I can take care of myself. Go back with Duke Su." Chanyu hesitantly respond. He wants Xu Ling Ai to treat him but he also do not wish to worsen the situation.

"Yes miss. I will take care of my master." Ganba finally said a word even though he is there for a long time.

On the other side, Li Zhao still did not want to let go of what happen. He just stood there emotionless looking at Xu Ling Ai who keep pretending everything is fine.

Feeling furious, he grab Xu Ling Ai's wrists and pulled her towards his chest. Li Zhao unexpectedly raised his voice.

"Stop pretending to be fine!" He sternly said.

Xu Ling Ai who has been bottling up everything finally break down. She is afraid of what happened earlier but she couldn't tell him her real feelings. She don't want to cause a duels between brothers.

"I'm fine! Stop forcing me!" Xu Ling Ai screamed at him back. But her eyes filled up with tears tells that she is not okay.

Li Zhao pulled her tight in his embrace. He feel so useless for letting it happen to her. What if he arrives late?

"Li Jun Yi." Chanyu spilled up the real fact. He knew Xu Ling Ai's reason to hide his identity. But he don't want to do it.

"No!" Xu Ling Ai deny in instant. Trying to persuade Li Zhao.

Li Zhao's eyes turn red and black, back and forth. It was hard to disguise it at this moment.

"I will kill him." He muttered that one sentence and forcefully let go of Xu Ling Ai.

Li Zhao then leave her there and ride his horse in a very fuming state. He ignore her voice calling out his name.

"Li Zhao!" It was useless, he had already went away.

The Palace's Court

The emperor sit high on top of his glorious throne. Emperor Wu had just finished meeting with the councils and the ministers. The once full hall, was now empty again leaving him alone.

He was about to go for a rest when his firstborn son Li Jun Yi suddenly request to meet his royal father.

"Jun Er why are you here?" Emperor Wu asked Li Jun Yi as he look at his son's state upside down who look as if he is running from someone.

Running from death is definitely something Li Jun Yi really frightened of. Li Jun Yi quickly change his attire once he arrived in the palace.

He knew Li Zhao will find out about him in a matter of time. So he needed someone who is powerful than Li Zhao to back him up.

And his imperial father is the one he remember. Li Zhao respect their father so much so he will listen to Emperor Wu.

But now Li Jun Yi do not how to explain. He got no choice but to asked for his imperial father's help.

"Imperial father please help me! Li Zhao is trying kill me."

"What nonsense are you talking about?! Zhao Er will never do that!" Emperor Wu was shocked by Li Jun Yi words.

"It's true father! He is jealous of me!" Li Jun Yi made a story.

Emperor Wu was about to respond to Li Jun Yi when suddenly the eunuch announced Li Zhao's arrival.

"Father he is here! You must save me!" Li Jun Yi begged for his life.

On the other hand, Li Zhao walked in with eyes shows glint of killing. His bare hands holding a swords.

Blood covered his hands and robe resulting from killing all the assassins who take part in hurting Xu Ling Ai.

"Imprudent! Zhao Er drop your sword!" Emperor Wu command Li Zhao.

Bringing a sword in front of an emperor will be considered as a revolt.

"I'm talking to you as a father. Zhao Er drop the sword. We can talk this out." Emperor Wu try to calm Li Zhao down.

Listening to emperor Wu's, Li Zhao throw away his swords. Li Jun Yi let out a relieved sigh.

However, in a matter of seconds Li Zhao charge towards Li Jun Yi and attack him without any hesitation.

Li Jun Yi flew across the hall due to Li Zhao's martial art strength. Li Jun Yi cough blood out as his abdomen were totally injured.

"As an emperor, I command you to stop!" Li Zhao stop instantly but his anger did not subside.

Imperial guards rush to prevent Li Zhao from hitting Li Jun Yi. The guards is afraid of Li Zhao's wrath but they also need to listen to emperor.

"Why are you doing this?! Come to your sense!" Emperor Wu shout at Li Zhao.

But he got shocked instead when he saw Li Zhao's determined killing eyes. Emperor Wu knew no one can stop him at this point.

"He touched what's mine. He touched Xu Ling Ai!" Li Zhao snarls loudly. He had totally lose his temper. He looks ready to destroy anyone that obstruct his way.

"Jun Er is it true?!" Emperor Wu angrily shout at Li Jun Yi.

Chuckling evilly, Li Jun Yi then replied with a mocking sentence. "We're brothers. So why can't we share? Women is just a tool for men."

P.S.
Have y'all pre-order LALISA Album? I bought the gold version. So excited for it!

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R