| chapter four. |

♚ CHAPTER FOUR♚

♚ CHAPTER FOUR

THE THIRD-FLOOR CORRIDOR WAS filled with students' whispers. It got louder and more annoying– to some teenagers, at least. But there's no denying that they stared at him for at least ten seconds or more.

In the middle of the corridor and the source of all the recent noises, Yanagi walked with sure, confident steps. His big and tall posture, towering over everyone else, drew everyone's attention, as did the way he walked with his eyes always looking straight ahead, not paying attention to others, and with that cold expression. His aura that screamed that he is a high-class person makes him admired wherever he goes, especially because he is a student council president, a famous volleyball athlete, and an outstanding student at this school.

Not a second later, his heterochromia eyes then fixed on a girl with black over shoulder length hair who was busy pasting a piece of paper on the announcement wall. He decided to approach her, stopping right behind her and looking down at the pamphlet. "Is this what's been keeping you so busy lately?" he inquired, reading word for word from the pamphlet containing the manager requirement for the boy's volleyball club.

"I'm in my third year, and I should be looking for someone to help the team after I graduate," she explained, flinching slightly at the sudden presence of him appeared behind her.

Yanagi leaned back, leaned up straight, and tucked his hands into his pockets. "As I recall, aren't there a lot of people who want to be managers?" he wondered, recalling some of the paper forms Kiyoko had given him back then.

"Yes, and their only goal is to get close to you; they have no intention of ever becoming a manager," she replied, glaring at the man a little.

"Ah yes, they're so annoying," Yanagi recalled some girls, whom he forgot their names, who, instead of doing their job as a manager, were always squealing when he was playing. When he saw the other members' irritated expressions, he asked the old Coach Ukai to dismiss him. And it lasted until now, the boy's volleyball club only have one manager.

Kiyoko turned around as she gathered some papers and her little stationery into the tote bag. Then, with a slight smile, she raised the lunch box in front of him. "I baked some blueberry muffins."

Before the teen had time to answer, Kiyoko immediately grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the student council room. Sliding the door open, Kiyoko took a quick glance at the student council room, which she hadn't seen in a while. It was clean and tidy, as well as spacious, with several shelves containing important folders, a small meeting room with a whiteboard, two soft sofas and a coffee table in the corner, and several desks for student council members in the middle. Furthermore, there is an internal door that leads to a much larger meeting room.

Kiyoko hopped up to Yanagi's desk, opened the box she'd brought, and revealed the blueberry muffins she'd made earlier that morning. Yanagi can still smell the enticing aroma despite the fact that it has been a few hours inside.