Chapter 37

JISOO

"OH SHOOT! Jisoo?! Did we? Have we? No, no, no. What happened?!" Lisa blurted out the moment she woke up. She sat and covered herself with the blanket. I tiredly sat down too before I smirked at her.

"Yes."

I saw how her face got covered with confusion with my response while I was trying my best to hold my laughter in order to get my act straight.

Nothing really happened between us, I'm her friend and I see no other way of helping her reunite with the love of her life other than this. What's the use of being an actress if I'm not gonna maximize my skills, right?

"W-what h-happened? Are you the one who came to the balcony?" Lisa uttered, trying to remember the whole thing that dawned her.

"I was. And you insisted to sleep with me the moment we enter Jennie's unit," I smiled mischievously.

Lisa's reaction is so hilarious!

"Are we—"

"We are," I winked not even letting the former finished her question.

"Breakfast is ready," Lisa seemed so surprise to see Jennie at the door speaking in her ice-cold tone while wearing a pair of eyes that could kill. I already know that she was there the moment we woke up that's why I planned a brilliant play.

"We'll just take a shower and go eat. Thanks Jen!" I responded.

When Jennie marched away from our room, Lisa scooted closer toward me with pleading eyes.

"What really happened Chu?"

Flashback

I saw Jennie looking at Lisa from afar while the latter was standing against the wall with her eyes closed. I immediately beat her to go to Lisa first but Lisa didn't seem to clearly see my face and mistakenly recognized me as Jennie.

She's really wasted although she can still talk straight. She doesn't even remember my scent and mistakenly took me as someone else.

"Let's go home," I tried to drag Lisa and she wabbled flaggingly. I assisted her by locking my arms with her.

"You should sleep at my unit tonight. You drank too, Chu. I won't let you drive," Jennie commanded when we approached her to bid goodbye.

"I can still—"

"No. My unit is nearer here. Come on, you two."

She didn't allow me to react nor object. She's still the Jennie I know, the one whom you can't say no.

Lisa kept on hugging me the whole time. We sat on the back seat while Jennie drives. I can see how uncomfortable she is everytime she accidentally or maybe intentionally darted her gaze on us through the rearview mirror. My lips unconsciously curved into a smile when I noticed how my plan is going smoothly.

"Jisoo, are you really...together?" Jennie asked hesitantly when Lisa passed out.

"That's for your eyes to see and for your feelings to tell."

After that Jennie stayed silent until we arrived at her place and pointed us to the guest rooms that we will be occupying.

"You can sleep at the left one and Lisa on the other."

"I rather sleep with her tonight," I answered.

"No!" I arched my brows with Jennie's sudden opposition.

"I mean okay, if...if that's what you want, then."

Jennie was about to turn around when I spoke again.

"You know that I like Lisa eversince she transferred, right? I'm telling you this as a friend, and maybe as a rival, that, if you still have feelings for her of course. We are not together....yet, but I will surely make her love me when you give up on her. You know my charms better than others do Jen, besides, Lisa is a good catch. I won't let her love go to waste. So you better not regret when that time happens. But...on the other hand, it's not yet too late for you to sort your feelings out and set your priorities straight. Consider all the possibilities and the things that are up ahead.  Anyway, you still have a long night to contemplate. I'll know your decision by tomorrow."

Jennie didn't bother to turn around but I know that what I've said had wavered her.

End of Flashback

"I have a morning shoot so I'm gonna leave you here for a moment. Will you be okay with that?" I asked Lisa as she ate the pancakes that Jennie had made for us.

"Yeah. I'm just gonna sleep after this. My head still hurts," I saw how a worried expression got painted on Jennie's face. She was just sitting across us, keeping the silence while listening to our conversation.

"That's what you get for drinking too much."

I reached for Lisa's hand and placed the advil that I took from my medicine box.

"Drink this after you eat. I'll be leaving now," I kissed her cheek before I stood up.

"Jennie, I'll be going. I'll be back after my appointment."

"Okay unnie, take care."

LISA

I don't understand why I can stand being in the same roof with Jennie when deep inside it is tormenting me. Just thinking that she will be engaged to someone else this evening makes me feel like there's a big thorn planted in my chest. It's more painful than this throbbing headache.

I tried my best not to look at her because if I do, I'll surely be eaten by emotions and I might spit out foul words again. Hearing her voice hurts me enough, smelling her scent suffocates me, and feeling her presence near me makes me want to flee. It's just too painful. Sometimes I ask myself, do I even deserve this?

"Lisa. Let's talk," I was about to put the plates on the sink when Jennie spoke. I didn't know that she was still sitting across the table.

I stopped for a moment upon hearing her voice but then I mustered my courage to ignore her and went to wash the dishes instead.

"Look, I'm sorry for leaving you without notice. I'm sorry for not even contacting you nor informing you about my whereabouts. I'm sorry for not giving you a proper goodbye and for surprising you like this—"

"Stop. I don't want to hear you say sorry anymore. It doesn't help at all. Your sorry won't change anything!"

"I'm sorry for being so selfish," she paused before she hugged me from the back, "I'm sorry for being like this, for causing you pain, for not considering you in my decisions. I know, I know that what I did is unforgivable. But please, don't treat me like I don't even exist."

"Please...just stop," I tried to free myself from her hug but then she just wrapped her arms around me even tighter.

"Let me set things right before it's too late. Let me make this up to you. Please...please give me one last chance, just this once."

"How can you make things right when you're getting engaged?" I said in a whisper.

"I still can. I can try. Today, I'm calling the engagement off."