Chapter 13: Grace

River slightly woke me when he said he had to go downstairs for a bit. I gave him a groan in ok and turned the other way. He set the blanket back over me and I snuggled into it.

I heard the door close but minutes later it opened again. I looked up and I didn't see River.

" I- um who are you?" I stood up. " Adam, brother of your River, I just came to borrow some shoes." He said. " and you are?"

" um." I completely forgot my name. I knew if I spoke I would be a stuttering mess. I want River!

My wishes were granted because he came in.
" Adam what the fuck." I winced at his bad words and he walked over to me. I pushed into his side and he draped his arm over me.

" I was just asking her name." He held his hands up in surrender. He looked at me again, like he was still waiting for my name. " i-m g-grace."

I felt River tense next to me. It was so obvious.

" nice to meet you Grace, see you around ?"

" Goodbye, Adam." River threw him the shoes and Adam caught them mid-air. He winked at me and left the room.

" what did he do to you? What did he say?" He grabbed my shoulders. " he j-just asked me my name, I thought you said no one would be here?" I looked up at him with wide eyes.

" I'm sorry..." he lifted my chin. "I didn't know Adam would come home, he is usually out all the time when he's back in town."

I pulled away from him and covered myself with the blanket. " where'd you go?" I ask. He left the room and came back with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

" Well, aren't you sweet?" I tapped his cheek lightly. I bit into the sandwich and raised my finger to him. " you shouldn't curse too much."
" of course." He rolled his eyes.

During the middle of the night, neither of us could sleep. So I suggested we play a game.
He went downstairs and came back with some options. I choose uno.

" you're cheating!" He protested. " nope, I'm simply just good at the game." I reshuffled the cards and gave him his seven.

I set a blue 6 and then I looked up at him and he was looking at me already. " let's make this round more interesting yeah?" I nodded.

" If I win, you be my girlfriend." He says confidently. " and if I win...." I paused. What do I want? I kind of wanted to ask him to do what he did to me the other day. He noticed my thighs squeezing together and smirked.

" if you win I'll make you feel good ok?" He knew already. "I-ok." I smiled.

We got done with our last two cards. It was my move next that determines the game.
He seemed pretty confident.

I gulped and set my card down and he smirked and set down a color change then a green 9.
" Well well well..."