Chapter twelve - Father

Marga POV

"What have you done this time?" My mom asked while I can see smoke coming from her ears, obviously she's fuming with anger while talking to me through video call.

"Mom it's nothing to worry!" I said as I tried to lower my voice.

"Nothing to worry? Are you joking on me now Margaret Hunter?" She said while I winch as she took out my whole name. She only do that when she's angry at me.

Of course she's angry at me, who wouldn't. The school just phone her informing my said little incident today. I am too exhausted to butt or explain since my mom will have my head if I talk shit.

"Mom it's just one week. I promise I will be good!" I said trying to convince her.

"Good? I just left you for two days there and now you're causing yourself trouble? My goodness where did you get that brazen attitude. When I am younger I am so lady like. I can't even lay a finger to a mosquito. But you, you assaulted a girl and a guy?" She said as she gulped the words.

"Mom they deserved my beating you know!" I said with no lace of regrets of my voice.

Why should I? They deserved more than that. I hate what that girl did to my cousin and now she's openly humiliated me inside the cafeteria where most of the students take their lunch at that time. How dare she is.

"Margaret I told you to never use your fist first. Talk it first before aiming your hands to anybody. Laying your hands to anyone is wrong. What if you got hurt instead? Have you ever think of it?" She said and I can sense her worries.

"Mom I am fine and alright!" I said as I wave my hands on her.

"Aunt it's not her entire fault, it's mine too. I should have not let her get into trouble because of me!" Chloe butted in and I nudge her elbow causing her to wince in pain.

"No you're not! Those two deserve it!" I said in finality.

"Honey I am proud you stand up for your cousin since I can't do that myself when way back in my time. But you should never engaged to a fight especially your opponent is a guy. What if he will beat you or hurt you!" She said to me and I saw tears forming in her eyes.

"Mom stop crying please. I am sorry if I made you worry. I won't do it again. But you know me I don't like people who hurt others just because they think they are strong. I don't give a shit about that. Chloe is my cousin and I will fight anyone who belittle her!" I said and she smile while wiping her tears.

"Honey I am proud you grow up strong and brave. But please take care of yourself." She said to me.

After she reprimanded me again and again not to engage a fight anymore. I had to say yes since I know we won't finished talking until I promise that I won't say yes to her. But honestly I just a peace too. But if I saw someone mistreating my cousin it's a no. I won't hesitate to throw a fight.

"I told you many times just let it be!" After got scolded by my mother. My worrywart cousin began her ranting again and again. This happened this noon till night.

"Is it ok with you that she throw food to us? Hell no I am not garbage! Do I look like one?" I asked her.

"Of course not, you're not garbage but you don't have to put a fight to her. She doesn't deserve it. Look happened now, you got suspension on your first day!" She said and I giggle.

"That's ok I just study ahead, read my books and do some stuff!" I said to her and she scowled at me.

"As if you study. I am your cousin and I know you. Speaking of studying, how about I give you tutorial" she said as beaming with the idea.

"Hell no!" I dismiss her quickly.

"Come on! At least I have something to do for you. You fight and defended me, got yourself suspension because of it. Let me just help you study please?" She said and I smiled at my cousin.

She's really a mini version of my mom. Kind, simple and always do good. She always saw kindness of all people even it didn't deserve.

"No let's just sleep since I am very sleepy. After calling, hearing my mom sermons makes me want to sleep it exhausted me!" I said to her.

"You're lucky that Aunt loves you so much!" She said as she looked at me flopping at my bed.

"Yup! I still wonder why I don't have same persona like my mom. I even asks myself if my father is a gangster or mafia leader since I am too rebel to be label as good daughter!" I said as I laughed at thought of me being good girl.

"Don't know.. did Aunt didn't told you about your father?" She asked as she sit beside while I am lying.

"Nope!" I said .

One thing mystery about my life is about my father. My mom never wants me to ask about his existing. I wonder what happened between them. She said it's better not to talk about the non existent person since he's not important to us. She can be mother and father to me at one. And I know I am lucky to have her. But being only child, I constantly asked myself in silent. Where is my dad? What happened between the two of them?

Nevertheless I think having dad at my age is not important. I grow up looking my mom as my mom and dad. She loves me more than anything and I love her too. So that's fine for now.