𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒𝟔

IN EVERY GIRL, THERE'S A DEVIL

𝓚𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓮

"I think my last kill was three weeks ago." Tamara threw herself onto the couch. 

"You getting bored, babe?", I asked.

"Very", she exasperated.

"We're just not used to this . . . clearly", Sophia muttered.

"We should go out tonight", Tamara suggested.

"For . . . hunting?", Sophia asked.

Tamara nodded and Sophia sighed.

"That's not part of the normal experience. We attended here for a reason", Sophia said.

Silence.

"What we do and what father assigns us to do. . are different", I said.

"Not really. Whatever we do, somebody dies. Always." Sophia walked towards the room window. 

"That's normal. We're killers." Tamara stood up from the couch and folded her arms across her chest. 

"Not by choice", I said. "Why do you think . . I started this team?", I asked suddenly. "Why I brought those girls together and trained them."

Silence.

"The number of girls we've helped is nothing compared to the amount, who are still suffering", I paused, "There are over millions of women out there, who have been victims of sexual assault and rape."I fisted my hands on my lap. "Women are always misunderstood." I stood up, abruptly. My fingernails piercing through my skin, "Laurene and Cheryl went through a hard time and Maya wants to stand up for something", I gestured to the three of us, "We went through a hard time. Everyone has been through something they didn't deserve." I glanced at Tamara and she was looking down at the floor. I walked toward her and held her hand. "We now fight. Together. Because we don't want anybody else to go through what we did. What we all did."

Tamara squeezed my hand.

"Nobody should go through what we did", I said."We've accepted that our lives are not normal. The family we were raised by are not normal. Our childhood was far from normal. But I didn't sign up for a normal life, and neither did you two".

I smiled.

"Attending this academy hasn't been normal either. It's been exciting. " I shifted my gaze between the two. " I'm glad that our lives are not just plain everyday normal. Because honestly for us, normal is way too boring".

"Hell yeah, it is", Tamara's voice cracked and she hugged me.

I hugged her back and glanced at Sophia.