Chapter 32

They had already gone back home, Ain was staying in Charlotte's residence for a few days. It definitely helped their bond.

On the day they arrived back at the Duke resident,

"Welcome back, was it fun?" Emilia came out asking them.

"It was a nice trip."

"Come on in an have some lunch with us." Emilia indicating to both Charlotte and Ain.

"Alright." The two said in unison.

-

In the dining room, there sat the Duke, Duchess and their children alongside Ain. Of course Ain and Charlotte were sitting next to each other to display them as a couple. Asher was intrigued by their sudden idea of dating.

"So, what made you want to date my sister?"

"She's a beautiful, independent and strong woman. Who wouldn't like that?"

Charlotte just smiled from his response, so that's how he thought of her. It was a surprising but pleasing answer. They proceeded to have a delightful chat that has never happened in the Duke household ever since Charlotte made a sudden change. Their family was starting to bloom once more, this time the full family was there. Enjoying their time while having a delicious meal.

-

After they had a delightful meal, Ain asked Charlotte.

"Mind if I stay here for a few days?"

"I don't see why not."

Charlotte brought Ain to a room not far from hers, inside was a guest room. It was a luxurious room made for people with high authority staying there. Of course, being the "lover" of one of the duke's daughters was already big news enough, not to mention the long lost second prince of Elrod.

They made an agreement to act like lovers for the time being so they wouldn't get caught by the Duke. It was going very smoothly as it seemed that the Duke was completely fooled. Acting skills on point.

There will definitely be rumours about the two, news spread like wildfire when the pair were rumoured to be dating. Although both didn't pay much attention to it, rumours were already normal for them.

Even though they were just playing pretend for a short while, the both definitely felt a connection. What may it be? Charlotte aka Estella, for one who has never had a lover other than her close friend Ezekiel, which she completely forgot how he looked liked because of a spell put on her by her fellow friends. Although, the spell definitely was crucial. It helped Charlotte to ease the hole in her heart after loosing a precious friend.

She always thought about having a lover and what real love felt like. People described it as cherry blossoms blooming inside of you, carrying out immense happiness not even your face could endure.

After introducing Ain to the guest room, she directed him to the bathroom that was also connected to the guest room. Ain got comfortable in the room and laid out his suitcase, Charlotte left the room and went back to her own. It was an exhausting day, they had just arrived back from Elrod with even bigger news. Everything was complicated and Charlotte buried her face into her pillow.

It's been awhile since I've last seen Damon and Mabel.

Charlotte thought to herself, she wanted to get some treats for the twins while stopping by at the capital. It's been long since she's enjoyed going to the capital anyways. A small break to the capital after an exhausting trip. She nodded to herself and went to check on Ain.

She knocks on her door and he answers, he was in normal clothing.

"Ain, do you wanna accompany me to Mabel and Damon's house? I'm stopping by at the capital to buy some treats for them."

"Sure, I've got nothing better to do anyways."

Charlotte who has already gotten dressed up for the occasion, having a coin purse attached to her belt. Ain was too lazy to change so they just went out. It might've been a bad idea for them to walk together as rumours from nobles who were visiting the capital circulated around the area.

These people really need to mind their own business, what a pain in the neck.

They quickly hurried into the bakery. Unfortunately, Elijah the prince of Elrod had already been in.

"Charlotte!" Yelled the Elijah.

The heavens just hate me today, don't they.

"Hello."

"What brings you here?" Him completing ignoring Ain's existence.

"I'm buying sweets for a few friends."

"I see."

Charlotte backs up from the conversation and goes pick up some desserts. Turning back and seeings Elijah and Ain glaring at each other. Could be described as children.

With a box of treats in her hand, she grabs Ain's hand with the other. She was irritated, turning to face Elijah while trying to let out a smile indicating "we're leaving." She pulls Ain out of the shop.

"Starting to think you both hold a grudge against each other for whatever reason."

"We just dislike each other for personal reasons."

"Yeah yeah let's just get to Mabel's and Damon's house."

People were still whispering around them, Charlotte finally realised her hand was still intertwined with Ain's and let go. She became red.

"Just follow me."

"Mmmm alright."

It was a short journey to the Farquez's house. They arrived in just 15 minutes of walking. They knocked on their door and Damon answered.

"Oh hi Charlotte, what brings you here? Ah, you're here too Ain. Come on in."

"We just came to visit since it's already been two months."

"I see."

Ain and Charlotte walked into their house and Charlotte prepared the treats she bought earlier, macaroons, cake, cookies etc. They also bought some exclusive tea the bakery sold.

Damon called Mabel downstairs and they were enjoying their time together. The four student council reuniting.

"Ah right, Mabel has already graduated hasn't she?"

"Yeah." Damon replied.

"Mabel, what are you aiming to be."

"A professional swordsman, I'll probably work as a mercenary and participate in war."

"Ah I see."

-

They continued their chat for hours and it finally hit evening, Ain and Charlotte returned back to the Duke residence and had a good night's rest as they've already ate at The Farquez house.