Chapter 31

December 31st. To most people it's New Years Eve, the day before the new year. But who cares about that, ITS MY BIRTHDAY!

Not very much happened since I got bulldozed in the playground. Max apologised and felt really bad so we welcomed him to our group. All his other friends are meanies and used him. They're so cruel! It's okay though, because now he has us. I even made him a special friendship bracelet for his birthday last month. I think he was going to cry but he didn't. He gave me a big bear hug instead!

Anyway, today is my birthday! I am officially 5 years old. I already feel so much bigger. Daddy agreed, after a lot of convincing to let me have a slumber party! Athena may have helped a little but I think he was just teasing us. He also invited Athena over to spend New Year's Eve with us even though I invited her to my party first. I think it's because he wants to kiss her. I remember seeing it in a movie once, the boys thought my eyes were covered. It was so gross though. Ew.

"Come on baby get those shoes on!" Austin shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

Daddy hired a mini van for the day so we won't have multiple cars and everyone can be together. We're going to the trampoline park along with all my friends! Aiden's coming too and he also invited his friends.

"I'm coming!" I squealed excitedly as I slipped on my boots since it was snowing and dashed down the stairs where Austin was waiting with my big snow coat in his hands.

"Let's get you all bundled up." He grinned as he spun me around so he was sat on the steps and I was stood in front of him.

He wrapped a Frozen scarf around my neck before helping me put on the matching gloves and then helped me put on my big coat. He then stuck a woolly hat on my head before finally putting on my hood.

"Did you put on the two pairs of socks I put out for you?" He asked with a raised eyebrow as he slipped on his own snow boots.

"Of course I did." I grinned as I waddled to the long mirror in the hallway and giggled at my reflection.

"Elijah and Ben should be back with the van any minute now." He said as he glanced at his watch and pulled out his phone.

"Give is a little pose birthday girl." He grinned as I did a bunch of different poses. Well as many as I could considering I was all wrapped up.

"Adorable." He awed with a pout on his face.

"Why are you already five years old honey?" He frowned as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I think it's because I was born five years ago." I shrugged, "can we sneak some cake before we go?" I asked hopefully.

"Whatever the birthday girl wants. Not too much though." He warned as he picked me up and sat me on a stool before cutting a small slice of cake and started feeding me since I couldn't move my arms too much because of the large puffy coat.

Just as Austin fed me the last bite, we heard a loud honk from outside immediately bringing a huge grin to my face. I quickly chewed and swallowed the cake before rushing to the front door and stood up on my tiptoes to reach the door handle.

Noticing my struggle, a very amused Austin opened the door for me and held onto my hand tightly so I wouldn't fall in the snow. Elijah dug a pathway and also cleared the driveway last night, but since it was snowing so much there was still a lot of snow everywhere. I'm definitely not complaining though. I made Aiden promise to help me build a snowman. Maybe even a whole family.

Anyway, he opened door for me and buckled me up before closing the door and climbing in to the passengers side.

"Hello birthday girl." Daddy grinned as he turned to look at me.