Chapter 31. The Trials Begin!

~Trial~
A test of the performance, qualities, or suitability of someone or something.

~No one's P.O.V~

"Please wait for us, Diane. We'll find you no matter what it takes." Elizabeth prayed, looking out through the window.

"But still," Meliodas spoke up. He looked towards the two tables where the others were sitting, making an effort to ignore Y/n, who sat in the middle, "300 miles is a lot of ground to cover."

"Yeah," King agreed rather quickly, shifting his gaze up from the wooden table, "I mean, I'm glad we're moving fast but..." He trailed off, an idea popping into his head, "Hey, Merlin, tell me, is there any way that you could use teleportation? I'm really worried about Diane."

"Unfortunately, it's all I can do to keep my soul contained in Aldan." Merlin spoke from within her Sacred Treasure, "I'm sorry about this, King."

The Fairy looked back down at the table, "All right." Y/n placed a hand on top of his, caressing his knuckles gently with her thumb in a manner to make him relax, "She's gonna be just fine, King. It is Diane we are talking about." She reassured the Fairy, having more than enough trust in the Giant.

"Not only that," Merlin appeared from the orb, an illusion of course, but they could see her nonetheless, "I'd like to keep a reserve of my Magical Power for emergencies." She stated, her arms crossed below her chest.

"What do you mean by that?" King asked, and in response, Merlin made maps appear in front of everyone with the flick of her wrist. Two glowing dots on it, "From the direction Diane's heading. From the ruins of Edinburgh Castle along the way... I'm picking up waves of monstrous evil." Merlin informed the group.

Y/n hummed, deep in thought it appeared. The map in front of her disappeared, "King, you were with Ban before you came here. Did he tell you where he was heading?"

King's head snapped up, his eyes slightly panicked, "Why? You're not leaving too, are you?"

Y/n tilted her head in thought before murmuring, "No... But he does have something of mine." She facepalmed, sighing, "If you went back here then why didn't he just give it to you?"

"It is Ban the Sin of Greed we are talking about." Merlin noted, the illusion of her cupping her chin, "I'd be surprised if he even remember."

Y/n grumbled and closed her eyes in the thought of what would be the smartest move to make. Gowther stood by her side in a second, pushing his glasses further up on the bridge of his nose, "You seem tense. Something must be bothering you. Massage?" He asked at the end, holding his hands up in grabbing motions.

"No need for that, Gowther." She shook her head, opening her eyes while tilting her head back to look at him, "But if you could fetch me a cloth drenched in cold water, that be nice!" She grinned.

"Mission Wet Water; Accepted!" Gowther announced before leaving to complete his mission.

"Well, it'll just have to wait then." Y/n sighed, thinking back to the simple item that Ban had been asked to retrieve.

We do not have the time to wait.

"I know," Y/n responded to Haku, confusing the others a bit. They didn't have a choice. Without the sword, they'd be forced to pull other strings. That includes Magical Abilities... But even then, "Merlin, do you think we could..."

Y/n trailed off mid-sentence, not sure of how to put it to not offend anyone or make King worry more than he already did, "Make a quick stop on the way?"