Chapter 13: Past

Glossary
[1] Gonggong- A respectful way to address a Eunuch

When Tang Shishi put down her pen, she did not have time to rub her sore wrist, so she quickly picked up her skirt and wanted to go out

However, as soon as she just stepped out of the pavilion, she was stopped by Liu Ji.

"Miss Tang." Gonggong looked at her and smile, and said something unpleasant, "You haven't finished copied the book yet. Where are you going?"

Tang Shishi stepped aside and pointed to the table at the back, "Gonggong [1], I have already finished copied the two books you just gave me. Can I go back?"

Liu Ji glanced inside noticed two stacks of paper were neatly placed on the desk, apparently just written. Liu Ji said quietly, "Miss copied the books even faster than the scholars who transcribed books outside. Miss can take a break, but you're not allowed to leave."

Tang Shishi's eyes widened, "Why? I obviously finished copying."

"There is still the next one." Liu Ji said with a smile, "This servant is thoughtless and has neglected Miss. Please be patient. This servant will bring you some other copies.

Tang Shishi understood now that copying books were just a facade. In fact, they wanted to trap her in here. Regardless of whether Tang Shishi has finish copied it or not, they will not let her out.

Tang Shishi restrained her laugh and asked, "This little girl is stupid. Gonggong might as well give me a clear answer. Gonggong, why are you withholding this little girl?

Liu Ji shook his head and smiled, seeming to point out, "Miss, you just came here, and you don't know how to serve people yet. How can we as servants leave earlier than the Master?"

Tang Shishi was stunned, Liu Ji silently glanced inside and looked at Tang Shishi with a smile, "Miss, the most important thing to serve people is to be flexible and diligent and know how to share worries for the Master."

Tang Shishi understood, she pulled the corners of her mouth stiffly, and said to Liu Ji, "This little girl understands. Thank you, Gonggong."

"This servant knows that Miss is smart." Liu Ji was smiling but his eyebrows did not move, and said sharply, "Miss Tang, please."

Tang Shishi returned to the pavilion, and soon a young servant sent few other books. This time there was a huge pile of books, no need to worry about being idle anyway.

But this time, Tang Shishi was not in a hurry to copy the books. Anyway, no matter how much she copied, she has to stay in the study room for a whole day. What's the point? It was better to dilly-dally around for a day, and when the time comes, copied a few pages at will.

Tang Shishi's movements were not fast or slow. Now she knew that Jing Wang did not want her to serve him but actually wanted to trap her here. There were so many eyes around the study room and Tang Shishi cannot do anything at all. In this way, Jing Wang does not have to worry about Shizi being bewitched by her.