𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 8

I stare at her as she looks through the menu

I stare at her as she looks through the menu. She's so indecisive. She comes here every time and looks through the menu as if she isn't gonna end up buying the chicken burrito bowl. 

"Uh...I'm not sure what I want," she mumbles, looking at the menu. 

I keep looking at her as the wind blows her hair and her sweet fragrance fills the air. I smile at how focused she is on the menu. 

"What?" she asks as her eyes meet mine. Her face holding a confused look, I swear she looks so cute. 

"Nothing." She rolls her eyes and orders her food as well as mines. 

"So you're going to the ball tonight right?" I ask her and she nods. 

"You're going with Piper aren't you?" she asks and I look at her, her face holds a happy expression. 

"Unless you want to go with me..."I speak. 

"Shut up. You have a wife now, you don't need me." I throw the paper from the straw at her. 

"Hey! I need a mistress. And for your information, we're engaged." 

"Same shit!" she chuckles. 

"No, it's not." She rolls her eyes. 

I look at the people walking in and out of the restaurant. I see a girl in a sweatshirt and remember how no matter how hot it was, Sophia use to wear a sweatshirt, even in August. 

"Remember when you use to wear sweatshirts all the time." I chuckle, but she doesn't. 

"What?" I ask her and she shakes her head. 

"Nothing. Never bring that up again." she glares at me. 

"Why?" I ask, probably about to get slapped.

"It was so sad time. Now shut up and take me back to my office, I have a meeting soon."

I sigh. 

"Fine, let's go."  we walk out of the restaurant, and an army of cameras are pointed towards us. 

"Mr. McKay, how's your father?"

"Are you and Piper's marriage arranged?" No, I willingly want to marry a bitchy model. 

"Sophia, are you and Trey Morgan back together." 

"No, we're not," she mumbles so politely. She's so fucking nice for what?

More questions are thrown at us and they crowd us, preventing us from getting to the car. These motherfuckers. 

I grab Sophia's hand and pull her towards me, as we walk through the crowded streets. 

"Are you two dating?" I wish brother. 

"No-" 

"Soph." Why does she even answer them?