𝟚𝟜

"All of your potions should be fully brewed this class. So if you are finished please smell it and write down your results"

Regulus and James smiled at eachother their potion was fully brewed so they just had to uncover the cauldron and smell it.

James leaned over and smelt it before his eyes went wide and he whipped to look at Regulus.

"So what's it smell like??" James just shook his head. "What is it?"

James smiled "just confirmed some things I was confused about" Regulus stared at him for a bit before leaning down to smell it.

"Um licorice, old spice? And-" what was the last smell? It felt so familiar to him... his eyes went wide it was James' cologne. The thing he loved most was James' cologne?

"Well what's the third thing?"

"Um- I don't know..."

"Barty... can I talk to you?" Barty was sat on his bed looking through a magazine.

"Ya sure what do you need young grasshopper"

"So... today we smelt the Amortentia- and" Barty put down his magazine and beamed at Regulus.

"And??"

Regulus looked down and furrowed his eyebrows. "And I smelt James' cologne" Barty smiled impossibly wider.

"And now you're thinking about all the signs to you having a crush on Potter?" Regulus looked up with pleading eyes.

"What do I do Barty..." Barty grabbed Regulus' face in between his palms.

"It'll be okay Reg."

"So we smelt the Amortentia today" Remus looked up from his book at James.

"And?"

"And I have a crush on my best friends brother..." Remus smiled and walked up to James.

"And you're thinking about Padfoot" Remus knew his best friends better than they knew themselves and James was never one to put his needs before others.

"I can't help it Moony! He apologized to me for thinking that something was going on between me and Reggie and now-" James was starting to hyperventilate so Remus put a hand on his shoulder.

"Prongs, don't panic okay, Pad's can be a bit dramatic when it comes to things you don't have to worry about his feelings on the matter okay?" James stopped panicking but was still worrying about Sirius.

"Okay think about it like this Prongs. You put everyone before your self so much, for fuck sakes you didn't break up with Lily even though you were doubting your love for her purely because you didn't want to hurt her" Remus squeezed James' shoulder "I think it's time you put yourself first"

____

And they realize 👹