63. Empty Field

Next day, I woke up earlier than James and found myself a t-shirt and a green plaid pajama bottom. I swear his closet only has two pairs of uniform, a couple of jumpers, one single jeans, and a lot, and I mean a lot of plaid pajama bottom.

I brushed my hair with Teddy's brush on looked at the time. 6:30. I walked over to James' bed and watched his chest rise and fall slowly. Giving a small kiss to his cheek with out waking him up, I closed the door behind me and went back to the girls dormitories.

When I entered our room, Alice and Roxanne was both asleep, so I tiptoed to my closet and grabbed a clean shirt, tie, robe and skirt. I quietly grabbed my hair brush and closed the door behind me after entering the bathroom. I changed into my uniforms, and actually felt like doing something with my hair.

The last time I tried to do a style with my hair was back in the kindergarten when I found a small stick in the playground and thought it was an amazing idea to do a bun with it.

Yeah.

The small stick peaces only stop showing up in my hair after three weeks. And I can't even remember how many times my mom washed my hair after that... accident. My dad even offered to buzz-cut my hair, like how he did when he was younger.

Mom got angry.

So, I stopped trying to put my hair into shape and started doing a ponytail all the time.

I grabbed my hair brush and put it under water before brushing my hair to make it easier when I split it in two. I started braiding one side.

Huh, impressive.

When I was done with the both sides of my hair. there were so many little, curly, hairs coming out of the braids, but I think they kind of looked cool and decided to leave them like that.

I put my wand in to the inside pocket of my robe and managed to go downstairs with out waking up the girls.

And I just realized it's raining outside.

I was about to open the painting to leave the common room when the painting moved before I even touched it, and  a boy with blue hair came into view. 

He was holding a pillow under his left arm and was touching the back of his head with his right hand. He stopped when he saw me and looked at me for a single second before throwing the pillow under his arm at me.

"Ow!" I whisper yelled and grabbed the pillow from the floor.

"Where have you been, you bloody reckless fool!"

"Now is that the right way to talk with your best friend?"

He closed the painting behind him and wrapped his arms in front of his chest. "What happened? Why did you feel like going missing?"

I sat on the closest chair next to me and he sat across from me.

I shrugged as he waited for an answer. "I was just walking around the Black River."

"Why in the bloody hell did you feel like you had to do such thing?"

"Why the hell not?" I answered with a mocking voice before getting back up. "Now if you excuse me, I have places to be and things to do."

He got up to with one of his eyebrows raised at me. "What kind of things?"

I lowered my voice and came closer to him to make it more dramatic. "Things you don't want to know."

I turned around and got out of the common room as he muttered several curses behind me.

That, ladies, gentlemen, and non-binaries, was such a lie. 

I still have plenty of time before my lessons start, and the whole castle is probably still asleep, since it's early in the morning. 

Hey, maybe I should go to the Quidditch Field. It could be nice to have all the field to myself with out anyone bothering me. I mean it's raining, yeah, but I think that just makes it more fun.

*****

I used "accio" to get my broom before flying high up and looking down to the field. I was right -of course- it is pretty nice to have all this place to yourself. My uniform was already dripping wet, which is why the drying spell is one of the best spells I know.

I was high enough to see Hagrid's Shack, Forbidden Forest, and The Black Lake. Everything seems so small, blurry from the rain, and unimportant from up here. It's so relaxing and calm. And wet.

I couldn't stop but think if he was still in the Forbidden Forest or if he had found a way to escape. Maybe a creature even ate him and made a huge favor to this world. Probably not, after creature smelling him and understanding that he is not even good enough to be eaten.

I took a deep breath and concentrated on the rain drops hitting the trees, the grass, and many other things.

"Oi! What are you doing up there?"

Aaaannnd, "me time" is over. How lovely.

"How did you even find me?" I yelled down.

He looked so small but I was still able to see his face. "Teddy said you had things to do! What kind of thing is this?"

I yelled back. "I'm about to jump! And it's none of your business, Potter! Let me live my drama!" I couldn't help but smile as I waited for his answer. 

"If you jump, I will catch you!"

I started going down with my broom with out making it so obvious.

"And I will kill you myself!"

When it was a safe height to jump, I let go of my broom and landed on the wet grass.

He watched me as I cleaned my hands. "Why are you out here at this time?"

"Why are you out here at this time?"

"I told you already. Teddy said you had things to do, and so I came here to find you."

"Hey," I smiled with the realization and pointed at his wet clothes. "You're still in your pajamas- wait, you left to find me with out changing?" I laughed and he mimicked my laugh, slightly shivering from the cold.

It took him a while to answer. "Priorities..." 

He shook his hair with his hand and more water came down to his face. H looked back up at me. "Hey this is actually the perfect time and place to break up?"

I could hear my heart beating like crazy and didn't make it obvious as he went on.

"This is the perfect way for a dramatic and tragic break up. Maybe you can cheat on me with a man and I can find out you already have two kids from my best friend. And you are cheating on him too! Now, that, would be worth to watch..."

My shoulders dropped and I rolled my eyes at him. "You're always so over the top."

A/N: sorry for not being active lately. But I dont have a tragic reason like, my grandma cheated on my mom with my hamster, and my car had a heart attack when he find out -while playing football- which ended up with my uncle getting hit by my car while he was cheering my aunt's cousin playing football for the first time to impress his crush -who is my 11 years of best friend's dad.

I was just feeling a bit down, soooo...

Hope you liked the chapter.