08. {berserker battle}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the four were still in the hospital room, waiting for something unusual to happen on the screens.

"is that supposed to look like that?" liam pointed out.

the camera view on the roof began to glitch out and eventually lost all signal. moonee glanced up, her and stiles shared a confused look.

"no." stiles shook his head, "no, it's not."

"where is that?"

"the roof. someone's gonna have to go check it out." stiles stated.

"i'll go." kira volunteered.

"whoa, whoa." stiles stopped her, "this might not just be a malfunction."

"that's why i'm bringing this." kira pulled out her katana, making stiles flinch.

"i'm coming with you!" liam chimed in.

"so am i." moonee spoke up before she walked to the corner of the room where the drawers were placed, "you okay by yourself, stiles?"

"more than okay."

she reached behind it and gradually pulled out a metal bat. stiles looked at her in bewilderment.

"is that the KB?" he questioned, "how did it get here?"

"i put it here before any of you guys arrived." moonee confessed. she hadn't just picked a random room to set up in, she has it all planned.

"KB?"

"the 'killing bat'." stiles clarified as moonee twirled the bat around.

"why the quotations?" liam asked.

"because we don't kill people." moonee concluded, "we should go, we're wasting time."

kira nodded, and she led the two freshmen out the door.

"okay... and you're all coming right back." stiles ordered, "immediately... kids." he sighed as they left.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

the trio ran to the rooftop. when they arrived, one of the power boxes surged and electricity volts exploded in front of their eyes.

moonee used her arm to shield her sensitive eyes from the bright light and the two did the same.

"looks like someone did something to it." liam suggested.

moonee heard a low growling noise coming from behind them, so she pivoted. what she saw, made her freeze in her place. standing there was a seven-foot creature made of bones and skin, a berserker.

"holy-"

"i think somebody did." kira pulled out her katana from its holding and swung it around.