Chapter Twenty-Two

I leaned against the wall so I wouldn't be seen from outside. I was flush with the wall, while Ward stood in front of me. He was putting on his watch, making sure it worked. He also brushed his hair with a small comb from his drawer, moving as slowly as possible. Then, he proceeded to apply an all black crew neck over his white undershirt, which required him to redo his hair.

"Ward!" I hissed a whisper at him, not knowing who was outside. He barely glanced over at me, fixing his appearance which took years. I swear to God, at that moment I was ready to kill him.

Finally he moved to the door, slowly opening it to look outside. The hall was dark except a little light coming from the pilot's seat. May was already up and flying; good for her, because I was still tired. I just wanted to crawl into my bed, and sleep until 9:00. Of course, would the sandman let me?

"Alright, I'll go distract May. Leave here in 1 minute and 23 seconds."

"Why then?"

"It'll take that long for her to be distracted by me." He stepped out, no other words, and shut the door. The clock instantly turned to 05:57. I had to wait until 05:58, then count to 23. Simple. Wow, he really did have everything all planned out. I smiled to myself, thinking about how he had waited and took forever to get ready. Maybe he did that for planning means? Or maybe he just didn't want to leave? I liked the latter myself, but I was unsure.

05:58. One, two, three, four, five.

I counted, making sure to say it long enough to count a whole second.

Six, seven, eight, nine, ten.

I heard May laugh down the hall. At least, I think thats what that was. I've never heard her laugh before actually, and the sound was new to my ears.

Eleven, twelve, thirteen. fourteen, fifteen.

I quickly glanced at the bed, remembering how peaceful last night was. I loved sleeping in here, but I was sure it probably wouldn't happen again. This was the last time.

Sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty.

I heard May laugh again, this time along with Ward. I remember how stupid we had acted in those cells. Laughing, joking, talking, just doing everything a normal person did. A normal couple.

twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-

I reached for the handle just as the plane suddenly swerved, turning the room sideways. I grasped the door, everything sliding away from me. I screamed, feeling my fingers slipping from the handle. I just let go as the plane turned back the other way. I fell one way, then the other, hitting the door. I landed on my back, against the door. I was more shocked than in pain at the time. I felt the pillows hit my legs, then the sheets covering them. I breathed deeply in and out. I was in a panic, head swirling from the rough landing.

The plane swerved again, falling back the other way again. This time, I couldn't react. I laid there, the moments going by in slow motion. I laid back, until gravity took hold, pulling the blankets and pillows from me. My eyes widened, staring back down at the other wall, watching it get closer and closer. The bed growing, the shelf aiming for my head. A whistle by the window was the last sound I heard before black.

Hey readers,
Shout out to my new found friend ameilamanning. She writes a lot of 5 sos works, and a couple of individual fictional stories. Some is a little dark, but its still pretty good. I honestly enjoy it. I'm sure she could use all the support she can while her bestest friend has been really sick. Thanks you guys for building a Wattpad community where we can reach out to one another. And thanks again for reading and supporting me. I hope to update again soon, as soon as I come up with an idea. Maybe while procrastinating on chemistry... Thanks again guys, you really mean a lot to me.

- SkyeWardShipper