019

Chapter Nineteen:
The Truth

Reneé Trinity Jackson Chicago, Illinois

Chicago, Illinois

"I was doing business with some Mexican Cartel and that time, Koop and Cash couldn't come with me to the meeting so I had to step out alone." Cameron began to explain, he couldn't even hold eye contact with her.

"Got there, had the meeting and collected the drugs. Niggas thought they could kill me." He shrugged.

"Why would they kill you if you did business with them?" Reneé asked softly, she was scared even though this had already happened.

"They wanted to take over Chicago, taking over Chicago is like beating the level 100 boss, every other city and state is easier to take over and is a guaranteed win." He explained to her in a way that she would understand.

"And this shit's ancient, gotta kill me to become the king, you feel me?" He chucked dryly as he thought back to what had happened, it seemed so far ago and he'd forgotten about it completely. "They stabbed me all over and left me in an alleyway to bleed, just as they was about to leave, I saw yo car and rushed inside."

Renee's eyes widened as she remembered the whole event like it was yesterday.

"Obviously they saw me running and tried shooting at you but you was already gone." He said, he seemed completely unaffected by everything. It was almost as if he was used death and violence.

Reneé had on a shocked expression that also had worry in it. Cameron knew what she was thinking, he knew very well because he used to think like that when he was younger, more innocent and purer. He was numb to it, the Chiraq demons that filled his mind was the reason why he couldn't sleep, couldn't cope without weed or lean and was isolated.

"Listen baby, when you get exposed to certain shit at a young age, you become numb to it." Cameron explained, "Shit, I used to have three older brothers. Tyquan got shot in front of me, Wooski overdosed and I found his body and Hakeem is in jail for life."

"There used to be seven of us, but four niggas died as we grew up. Some got shot, some stabbed and some in jail. Koop nearly died last year. This life that I'm living, it's fucked up and I know that. I know that eventually I'm finna die cuh someone gon' finally catch me lacking. That's something I used to be okay with, you feel me?"

She nodded, simply allowing him to speak because you could tell he didn't have anyone to talk to about this.

"But now that I gotchu and our future to live for, I'm not gon' let myself get caught lacking." Cameron confessed as he grabbed her hand and held it tightly.