Chapter 25:His Highness(2).

❝Giselle? The famous assassin? ❞Michelle asked and sat back down on the chair with a gloomy expression.

She wished to see her savior again, without her who knows what hell would Michelle be in at this moment. That woman fought with four strong men just to save her life while others stood and watched, she needed to at least thank the woman properly.

❝Michelle... please don't be sad. I'll find a way, alright? ❞Adrien said kissing Michelle's head.

He loved his older sister a lot and seeing her like this broke his heart.

❝That woman was so amazing... she fought with them for me. No one would lend a hand, but she risked her life to save me, people like her are rare. I want to be friends with her. ❞ Michelle said sighing softly.

❝Don't worry, I'll make it happen. I will love to thank her as well for saving your life. I don't know what I would have done if something happened to you. ❞Adrien explained and hugged his sister.

❝Let's change the subject... have you found your ex wife? ❞Michelle asked.

Michelle was living with her grandmother who fell sick a few years ago. She didn't know how Denise looked like, otherwise she would have recognized her today. She came back in the capital because her grandmother was finally cured.

Adrien looked down in shame.

❝I haven't. ❞ he replied.

Michelle sighed.

❝How could you make such mistake, Adrien? I'm really disappointed. ❞Michelle said scolding her brother.

After Adrien divorced and mercilessly threw Denise out, the man that was supposedly her lover came and confessed that it was a lie and Marie was behind it.

The man blackmailed Marie to get money from her and she played his game until she couldn't waste money on him so she tried to kill him. The man felt like he's targeted and planned on ruining Marie so he went and confessed everything to Adrien with the letters and proof that Marie had indeed payed him to do it.

Adrien had a shock and fought with Marie forbidding her to ever get close to him again. After he desperately tried to find Denise to make it up to her, but surprisingly, her family didn't accepted her back after the divorce so no one knew where she was.

❝I was an idiot... I thought Marie was a good, honest woman, but I was wrong. I just hope Denise is alive at least so I can find her one day and apologize. ❞

❝It seems like we both search for someone. Let's rest now and we'll see tomorrow. Good night, brother. ❞Michelle said and left.

Adrien looked at the moon and starts making a silent prayer that he could find the woman he wrongly accused and repair his mistake.

______________________________
Next day, Zhia Xiang was called in the meeting room where Giselle gave her a envelope.

Zhia Xiang opened it and saw a drawing of a man.

❝He is your target. A idiot lord who won't stop bothering a farmer's daughter. Kill him today. ❞Giselle explained with disgust on her face.

Zhia Xiang smiled and her respect for Giselle grew. Commoners aren't people who could pay for assassins, especially someone under Giselle so Zhia Xiang guessed that Giselle is doing it for free.

❝Alright. ❞ Zhia Xiang said.

❝Here, your clothes are ready. Be careful. ❞Giselle said pointing to a set of black clothes.

Zhia Xiang took the clothes, smiled at Giselle and left to change. The clothes were usual assassin attire, easy to move in, easy to hide in shadows with and don't make sounds when moving.